Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year studying photography at Nottingham Trent. So far the course has been crap. I'm in 8 hours a week and I only have one lecture In which is a load of poo and might aswell be a different language. The course in my opinion isn't as practical as I thought it was going to be and it's just been one big let down. I was so excited to coming to uni to meet like minded people like me however I'm not in uni enough to make friends. The people I do like they commute or if I try to communicate with some people it's like there not interested. I'm in a flat with 6 people and there's another 6 in the flat opposite and they are practically the only people I know at uni. There all nice people there just not my type of people. I've tried to reach out to them and ask to chill with them etc but it's always me asking I've never been asked. There's one girl in the flat opposite and she's on my course and practically my twin. We have so much in common but she commutes home every weekend and again I'm always asking to see her and not the other way round. Uni in my opinion is a very very very lonely place and I'm starting to overthink more than ever causing me to become very depressed. The only person I have is my boyfriend in other uni in Nottingham however his uni so so much better. It's catered and everybody's flats link to each other's so it's not unsociable. He has so many friends and before uni that was me. I never have problems making friends but at uni it's been the worst. I joined the photography society and they do no meetups so it's pointless and it's too late for me to join a sport. My boyfriend is the only friend I have and yeah I love him to pieces but I so want friends I can be with when he's not around. Ive always loved having friends but it's making me hate uni so much by having hardly any learning time and so much free time leaving me no choice but to sit in my room and become depressed. Anybody got any ideas as to how to I can reach out to find people?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.