Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student accommodation for couples in Manchester city centre? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Accommodation is always a pain to sort out as we all know, and I'm having that experience with sorting out accommodation for my second choice university, UCFB Etihad Campus in Manchester.

Myself and my girlfriend will, in fact, be moving in come September, as she hopes to go to college either in Sheffield or Manchester depending on where I will study - if you're about to comment on our decision to move in at 18, save the bother!

What I've really been struggling to find is couples' accommodation within the central area of Manchester, which is A) not a ridiculous price such as £200 a week, and B) in a good spot to be a short journey from the White Rose college in the city centre and the Etihad Stadium.

So if anyone is able to help me out, I will be extremely grateful!!!!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about finances? Student loans are not designed to support two people - which is why the accommodation you're finding is so expensive. How is your girlfriend going to pay for her half of the rent/bills/food etc?

Student accommodation is not generally designed for two people and as you've found, when they offer it for two they charge double the rent (or close to). You could try and find a private let but they generally won't let to students. I would think seriously about going long distance for a while, it's not really practical to bring a non-student partner with you to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation right now, apart from my partner doesn't want to study anymore and just wants to get a job, while i'll be attending The Manchester College, have you found any accommodation that has double rooms? I have been looking but i still have yet to find a place that is close enough to campus and accept couples.

ReputationRep:
    Hi not sure if location would be right but look at x1 lettings.. chapel street Salford. It's not actually in Salford just has the Salford postcode. We are a couple and it's the only reasonably priced place we have found

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli_mooney)
    Hey guys,

Accommodation is always a pain to sort out as we all know, and I'm having that experience with sorting out accommodation for my second choice university, UCFB Etihad Campus in Manchester.

Myself and my girlfriend will, in fact, be moving in come September, as she hopes to go to college either in Sheffield or Manchester depending on where I will study - if you're about to comment on our decision to move in at 18, save the bother!

What I've really been struggling to find is couples' accommodation within the central area of Manchester, which is A) not a ridiculous price such as £200 a week, and B) in a good spot to be a short journey from the White Rose college in the city centre and the Etihad Stadium.

So if anyone is able to help me out, I will be extremely grateful!!!!!

Thanks
    If you dont mind would you be able to share the places that you did find (that were too expensive), just for me to look at, as I am in the same situation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2017ab)
    Hi not sure if location would be right but look at x1 lettings.. chapel street Salford. It's not actually in Salford just has the Salford postcode. We are a couple and it's the only reasonably priced place we have found
    Do you mind me asking, are you both students, or just one of you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.