Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the right board to post on but oh well ! I'm looking to retrain, have seen the post of a trainee dental nurse available and would very much like it. I'm just hitting a bit of a brick wall with the application form, i have experience, i'm just struggling in putting it down in words, i just seem to be babbling a lot. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    You have to be on an accredited course provider to work as a trainee dental nurse now so you should look at enrolling on courses before looking for jobs. Harriet Ellis help you get a job when you join up by sending vacancies and updating CVs and giving interview tips. There's a cost of course but probably worth it for qualifying in a year or so and working in a practice at the same time of the study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siobhancait)
    Not sure if this is the right board to post on but oh well ! I'm looking to retrain, have seen the post of a trainee dental nurse available and would very much like it. I'm just hitting a bit of a brick wall with the application form, i have experience, i'm just struggling in putting it down in words, i just seem to be babbling a lot. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    When you get a job as a trainee dental nurse, the practice will put you through the course - you can be a trainee for up to 2 years as long as the practice has a view to putting you on a course. I would explain why the position interests you, your experience in providing a service to patients, teamwork skills, organisational skills etc - anything that could be transferable

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.