Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, after the application and interview round, I was rejected to UCM (2 weeks ago). I am really sad because I love UCM most. Until now, I cannot sleep well, I always think about UCM (.
    I don't know is it possible to send an appeal? Is there anyone (you know) successful after an appealing essay?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenTon)
    Hi everyone, after the application and interview round, I was rejected to UCM (2 weeks ago). I am really sad because I love UCM most. Until now, I cannot sleep well, I always think about UCM (.
    I don't know is it possible to send an appeal? Is there anyone (you know) successful after an appealing essay?
    Thank you!
    Hello,
    Did they state why they denied you? If yes, work on these points, improve and re-apply and I'm pretty sure that you will get accepted next time!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    That's **** mate. I got accepted tho. Can't you ask to be put on a waitlist or something??

ReputationRep:
    I did not send any mail to the admissions, I don't know will it work? So, I will send them an email to be put on a waitlist? What should I do to change their decision? Please give me some advice. Thank you so much !!!

(Original post by Jpboersma)
    That's **** mate. I got accepted tho. Can't you ask to be put on a waitlist or something??

ReputationRep:
    Take the rejection and move on - remember, there's always someone better than you out there.

ReputationRep:
    Did you have a personal interview? In the sense that you where really there? If not maby ask if you can have another one in real life.

ReputationRep:
    I had a skype interview and received the result after 10 days. They said that my application demonstrates a less good match with UCM than some of the other candidates’ applications. I think maybe I failed because of that interview. To compare among liberal arts and science program in the Netherlands, UCM is the best relevant to me. I know that maybe others have a stronger application than me, but in case they refused their chance to study there, I could have that opportunity? So, I just wonder how to do that? Do you know anyone was successful after an appealing essay?

pubmat�Ey����
    Did you have a personal interview? In the sense that you where really there? If not maby ask if you can have another one in real life.

ReputationRep:
    I had a skype interview and received the result after 10 days. They said that my application demonstrates a less good match with UCM than some of the other candidates’ applications. I think maybe I failed because of that interview. To compare among liberal arts and science program in the Netherlands, UCM is the best relevant to me. I know that maybe others have a stronger application than me, but in case they refused their chance to study there, I could have that opportunity? So, I just wonder how to do that? Do you know anyone was successful after an appealing essay?

pubmat�Ey����

No you don't. If you would, then they said in the mail that your have been placed on the waitlist

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. Thank you so much!!! I will apply to other universities.
    Btw, congratulations for your acceptance! Hope you will have wonderful time at UCM

No you don't. If you would, then they said in the mail that your have been placed on the waitlist

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. Thank you so much!!! I will apply to other universities.
    Btw, congratulations for your acceptance! Hope you will have wonderful time at UCM
    Thanks! Good luck applying to other uni's!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.