Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As I am doing french and spanish at A-level, I am considering applying to Cambridge for oriental studies. However, I am also incredibly interested in applying to Land economics at Cambridge as well. Is there any way I can apply to two courses at Cambridge or can I only apply to one?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanadawsey)
    As I am doing french and spanish at A-level, I am considering applying to Cambridge for oriental studies. However, I am also incredibly interested in applying to Land economics at Cambridge as well. Is there any way I can apply to two courses at Cambridge or can I only apply to one?

Thanks
    At most universities you can apply for more than one course (although it is inadvisable to apply for different subjects because you only get to write one personal statement), but you can't apply for more than one course at Oxford or Cambridge. That said, due to the way the Cambridge degree works, it is theoretically possible to apply for and complete Part I of the Tripos (degree) in one subject and then switch and complete Part II in another subject.

See here: http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...rses/structure and http://www.camdata.admin.cam.ac.uk/s...mbridge#Tripos

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.