Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm a fresh man undergraduate and I'm thinking about rent a studio near ICL. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Anything near south kensington is so expensive for a student. I would advise to probably rent a flat, possibly with someone, up near North Finchley or around that area.
    It's an hour on train, but alot less expensive than anything near ICL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    Anything near south kensington is so expensive for a student. I would advise to probably rent a flat, possibly with someone, up near North Finchley or around that area.
    It's an hour on train, but alot less expensive than anything near ICL.
    I'm a student at IC but I'd never advise anyone to rent as far as North Finchley! The vast majority of people live within 45 min walk. OP, I'd definitely recommend sharing a flat/house with a group of friends if that's possible; it would make things cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply! Is there any accommodation that you would recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your budget.

Popular spots are hammersmith and fulham I hear. North acton has some good student accomodation too.

ReputationRep:
    Check out Digs Ravenscourt. Short tube journey from uni on the district line. £230/week for 44 weeks for a big studio. I know a bunch of imperial students going there in September (I was going to be one but I'm transferring uni)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich1334)
    Check out Digs Ravenscourt. Short tube journey from uni on the district line. £230/week for 44 weeks for a big studio. I know a bunch of imperial students going there in September (I was going to be one but I'm transferring uni)
    230pw to be on the far side from College is not worth it imo. If studios are what you're looking for, LHA London has accommodation in Queen's Gate. It's even better to just find a house near College with your friends as it's cheaper and it's more likely that you'll find something closer.

(Original post by longsightdon)
    Depends on your budget.

Popular spots are hammersmith and fulham I hear. North acton has some good student accomodation too.
    I wouldn't bother with North Acton (I'm a final year student).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.