Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emwilliams044)
    Is this a free app for questions?
    It's an online website with about 20 mock tests of vary difficulty.

(Original post by sue99)
    43 / 75
    44/75 for Hazard, 43/50 for Multi choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)

Whoops sorry yes 44/75
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay thanks for clearing that up yeah I guess that's what I'm gonna have to do. What's the pass mark for the hazard perception part of the test?
    (Original post by sue99)
    43 / 75
    Actually sue99 is wrong; it's 43 / 50 for the multiple choice part and you also have to pass 44 / 75 for the Hazard Perception part. You have to pass BOTH parts to pass the theory test.
    For the Hazard Perception you have to click on a developing hazard for example a child crossing the road, which you obviously have to slow down for. The whole idea is to spot the hazard early; the earlier you do, the more points you score.
    However the common mistake people make - clicking continuously on the screen in the Hazard Perception because when they do they will score zero for that video clip. It actually happened to me but it was for one of the clips. Nonetheless I still passed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tip on hazard perception, I'm struggling with that to be honest What do you mean that by doing practice questions you may miss out on actual questions? Thank you again
    thats what I found with my first test (took 3 attempts all together!) I failed the first one cos of not knowing all the questions, - I had done practice for weeks before but when I got to the test there were some questions I had never seen!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I used an app theory test pro. Went through every topic and learned from that... did it everyday for about a week before my test! Aced my test with 48/50 and hazard I jus watched YouTube videos and jus forced myself to click every teeny tiny hazard that you would probably ignore on real life haha. Good luck for you test whenever it is!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Holly98)
    thats what I found with my first test (took 3 attempts all together!) I failed the first one cos of not knowing all the questions, - I had done practice for weeks before but when I got to the test there were some questions I had never seen!
    Have you read the DSA Theory test book and mobile app (if you have a smart phone)?

I religiously and thoroughly used both and they helped me out a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Have you read the DSA Theory test book and mobile app (if you have a smart phone)?

I religiously and thoroughly used both and they helped me out a lot!
    yeah I used the app and thats what got me through it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sue99)
    43 / 75
    Okay thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)

Ahh okay thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amina190)
    Hey I used an app theory test pro. Went through every topic and learned from that... did it everyday for about a week before my test! Aced my test with 48/50 and hazard I jus watched YouTube videos and jus forced myself to click every teeny tiny hazard that you would probably ignore on real life haha. Good luck for you test whenever it is!
    does this app cost money or is it a free one?

ReputationRep:
    hello guys,
    I am starting to learn how to drive and I was just wondering what is the best way people found to learn for the theory test? I have just been doing loads of practice tests online and stuff but I'm not quite sure what kinda time period you should be practising for before you take the test. Also wondering if anyone has any good tips/ resources for learning the theory

Thanks in advance
    I used Driving Theory Test Free UK book from Amazon, although there is a free app. The disk, the book provided was very useful for the Hazard Perception part of the test. I also used this website http://toptests.co.uk/ for the theory and hazard perception. And I bought and memorized the Highway code book (which you can also acquire online). I also bought "know your traffic signs" book. I kept practicing using these resources until I got everything right.

For the Hazard Perception, there's a trick to it, you will realize this when you keep practicing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Free on the AppStore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    I used Driving Theory Test Free UK book from Amazon, although there is a free app. The disk, the book provided was very useful for the Hazard Perception part of the test. I also used this website http://toptests.co.uk/ for the theory and hazard perception. And I bought and memorized the Highway code book (which you can also acquire online). I also bought "know your traffic signs" book. I kept practicing using these resources until I got everything right.

For the Hazard Perception, there's a trick to it, you will realize this when you keep practicing.
    Ahh fab okay thank you for the book recommendations and someone has said that for hazard perception you just click after counting 5 seconds and it works all the time but I'm not quite sure how accurate this is and if it actually works for different clips from the hazard perception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    No.
    okay cool thank you

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fab okay thank you for the book recommendations and someone has said that for hazard perception you just click after counting 5 seconds and it works all the time but I'm not quite sure how accurate this is and if it actually works for different clips from the hazard perception.
    You're welcome. You would have to practice it first, to see what works for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.