Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya, so I've been stuck between these three for a while now to do my undergrad in Sept. 2017.
    A little background info -- I've applied to English for all three, and Leeds and RH are offering me ABB but only if I make them my firm choice, with QMUL offering me ABB regardless.
    Personally, I'm looking for a good city life (that's a must) as well as good opportunity to meet lots of different varied people (another must). Good facilities as well. And I'd love somewhere with quite nice accommodation, that doesn't look like an old person's holiday village xD oh, and preferably with mixed-sex accommodation too.
    And clubs and societies too is something I really want to get involved in.
    Anyone out there able to give me some advice about one or all of the unis? Feel free for this to be a battle of the unis xD

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm also going to uni in September, and I looked at all of these 3 with basically the same questions as you. Long story short I chose QMUL. Good city life is obvious with London, and when I went to look at RH it seemed really far away. Ever if you accept it's part of the Uni of London it's still quite a long journey on the bus and then train to get into London which I didn't like. QMUL on the other hand is walkable into central London, and the tube taking about 10 minutes to go anywhere you want.
    Leeds is a good city and there's lots to do but I just clicked with London much more,, and there's always the chance that you'll find something that you love in London easier than in a smaller city.

The opportunity to meet varied people is so vast in East London, it's so culturally diverse, and what I liked is that the campus is going to be full of varied people but all students so your age and will have pretty similar aims to get out of uni.

Great facilities: access to loads of Uni of London resources at QMUL (RH too but it's a long journey), less good at Leeds, just with fewer choices I guess.

The accommodation is really good at all 3, I guess that's just up to you, but Leeds was my least favourite.

I hope that helped lmao, sorry it's a bit long.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.