I'm halfway through Year 12 and I seem to have lost most of the friends I used to have. The ones I still have go to other schools and colleges and so aren't as available anymore, and the one person who is excluded from this rule is my boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits and I've always considered him to be one of my best friends but it feels wrong to only be friends with him. I don't want to be dependent on him because it feels unhealthy and wrong.
I want to connect with others but I feel like I'm not wanted around by most people. I'm open to making friends online too, but I don't know where to go or how to start. There are people I talk to in lessons but we're not 'friends', exactly.
I'm fairly inept when it comes to making friends, so... any advice, guys?
Turn on thread page Beta
Where/how to make friends? watch
- Thread Starter
- 12-02-2017 21:35
- 12-02-2017 21:37
We can be friends
- Community Assistant
- 13-02-2017 12:13
Why don't you join social clubs outside of your academics or join meet up's online based on your hobbies and you could potentially make friends there.
Also volunteering is a great way to meet new people and form friendships.
1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller lol.
2) Smile, smiling in contagious.
3) Be confident, respect yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you, you?
4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.
5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?
6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about the weather etc.
7) Be passionate about life.
8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, interested, relaxed, open to people