Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Is this really your result?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Wow UU. That's very...centre
    The last time I did it, a few months ago, I also straddled the left/right border, but was on the libertarian side. Fun fact: I have never gone out of the (±1,±1) area and have never been in the purple area. And when I first joined TSR UKIP, I was in the green area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Yes
    You could be a labour MP, what makes you UKIP?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The last time I did it, a few months ago, I also straddled the left/right border, but was on the libertarian side. Fun fact: I have never gone out of the (±1,±1) area and have never been in the purple area. And when I first joined TSR UKIP, I was in the green area.
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    In addition to this why did you join UKIP when you were in the green area?

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with Labour a lot. If you look at my other post a few pages ago with the iSideWith results, you'll see that Labour is quite far down, and for each country's result I get a right-wing/nationalist party/candidate. iSideWith is much more accurate than political compass.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with Labour a lot. If you look at my other post a few pages ago with the iSideWith results, you'll see that Labour is quite far down, and for each country's result I get a right-wing/nationalist party/candidate. iSideWith is much more accurate than political compass.
    Ok fair enough , I don't think this compass is very accurate, it just puts every party in the top right section

ReputationRep:
    In addition to this why did you join UKIP when you were in the green area?
    As I have said, the political compass is quite strongly biased and will make you seem more leftist and libertarian than you really are, so if the political compass were accurate, I would be in the blue square. Furthermore, based on policies, I agree with UKIP much more than the other parties.

ReputationRep:
    As I have said, the political compass is quite strongly biased and will make you seem more leftist and libertarian than you really are, so if the political compass were accurate, I would be in the blue square. Furthermore, based on policies, I agree with UKIP much more than the other parties.
    Your isidewith said your a tory. You also stand for small government and deregulation , just like I do.

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough , I don't think this compass is very accurate, it just puts every party in the top right section
    I think it is actually trying to get people to vote for leftist parties by making the test takers seem more leftist and libertarian, whilst making the parties seem much more right-wing and authoritarian than they really are. Additionally, a lot of the questions are worded very poorly and attempts to get you to give a response they like.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I see; I understand the compass is quite biased but it is interesting as nigel and most of the conservatives are still in the blue area.

ReputationRep:
    Your isidewith said your a tory. You also stand for small government and deregulation , just like I do.
    You're the most left wing, authoritarian person on tsr

ReputationRep:
    I see; I understand the compass is quite biased but it is interesting as nigel and most of the conservatives are still in the blue area.
    Yes but it puts labour in the top right quadrant and the lib dems , its just unrealistic.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yes but it puts labour in the top right quadrant and the lib dems , its just unrealistic.
    I can't argue with that, but on a TSR basis I'd say it's relatively accurate

ReputationRep:
    I probably am not as right-wing as them. I consider myself to be neither left nor right, but a patriot, as Marine Le Pen says, but I am nowhere near as left-wing as her. The political compass also does not use a comprehensive enough sample size to determine the libertarian/authoritarian stance, given that on the some of the more common social issues, I lean more liberal (probably because I'm a strong advocate for secularism), but I support things like eugenics, scrapping the Human Rights Act, I am strongly opposed to the extreme political correctness of this country, and am in some regards much more culturally conservative (e.g. being strongly against drugs, including cigarettes and alcohol, as well as deviant sexual behaviour), nationalistic and authoritarian than pretty much everyone in this House.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I probably am not as right-wing as them. I consider myself to be neither left nor right, but a patriot, as Marine Le Pen says, but I am nowhere near as left-wing as her. The political compass also does not use a comprehensive enough sample size to determine the libertarian/authoritarian stance, given that on the some of the more common social issues, I lean more liberal (probably because I'm a strong advocate for secularism), but I support things like eugenics, scrapping the Human Rights Act, I am strongly opposed to the extreme political correctness of this country, and am in some regards much more culturally conservative (e.g. being strongly against drugs, including cigarettes and alcohol, as well as deviant sexual behaviour), nationalistic and authoritarian than pretty much everyone in this House.
    Well with a response like that it is no surprise you are leader of TSR UKIP, although as you can tell from my liberal party membership we disagree on a lot

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest do you hate non-white people?
    Do you think we should only take skilled immigration?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest do you hate non-white people?
    Do you think we should only take skilled immigration?
    I don't hate non-white people, I'm non-white myself, I just hate the way they don't integrate, and stick to their own cultures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    I don't hate non-white people, I'm non-white myself, I just hate the way they don't integrate, and stick to their own cultures.
    Some of them. Its funny how people complain about the burkini ban but we have to abide by Islam law in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, its hypocritical.
    I also think political correctness has gone too far, you can't say anything against a religion etc. without be labelled racist, homophobic, xenophobic.
    I am also non white but I am secular and hate PC

ReputationRep:
    Some of them. Its funny how people complain about the burkini ban but we have to abide by Islam law in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, its hypocritical.
    I also think political correctness has gone too far, you can't say anything against a religion etc. without be labelled racist, homophobic, xenophobic.
    I completely agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you live in this country you should follow the law, adopt the culture, speak the language. If they want to keep their culture, they should do it privately inside their own home.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.