Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was referred to fitness to practice because I did not follow the correct protocols in 2 clinical placement sites. The first site was very far and my uni moved me to another one and I lived on hospital premises. I was going through a very hard time with family issues and lived really far away from home. I never spoke to anyone about my problems. I was referred to fitness to practice because I did not follow the correct procedures in reporting my absence and lateness. The panel decided to withdraw me and exclude me from the course. I have now got an opportunity to request a review I have seen my 2 doctors and they have wrote me a letter explain my problems and my symptoms of anxiety etc. I also visited a clinical psychologist and explained why I could not talk about my problems when it was occurring and I regret not talking to people about them when it was happening. I am going to use all 3 evidence to fight my case and to prove my difficulties at the time and the reasons. Any further advice please? My review needs to be submitted soon. The dean of the school will review my case. I really want to pursue my dreams in this career and will do anything in my control to fight my case and fulfill my dreams. Will another university take me on? As I am told I am not fit to practice. I want to continue at my institution. Any advice would be helpful thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.