Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My exams are in a couple of months and I should of been revising ages ago but I have no motivation. I do revise I read the books, study guides and make note cards but it doesn't go in I don't know what to-do, does anyone have any advice.

ReputationRep:
    All I have to say to this is:

The only thing stopping you from achieving your goals and dreams is yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Take a short break and do something you're genuinely interested in. Then come back to revision etc and try to revise in the most creative ways possible. I revised for may GCSE sciences by visualising bonding etc in my living room and moving furniture around! Some people find it useful to teach- even if there is no one else about, you could orally explain topics to yourself. Alternatively, mind maps and youtube are good too. If you're musical, make songs up to do with your subjects. Reading and making note cards are good, but will only get you so far. Sounds like you need a few more ways to revise which will give you some variety and will keep you more engaged with the material, which will probably mean that you'll remember more of it too! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parish.madi)
    My exams are in a couple of months and I should of been revising ages ago but I have no motivation. I do revise I read the books, study guides and make note cards but it doesn't go in I don't know what to-do, does anyone have any advice.
    I'm not sure how you revise but perhaps this post will help; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...results-anchor

As far as motivation to do the work, I am in the same boat, first exam on 9th May and I constantly look for ways to motivate myself to stick with the arduous task of learning a lot of information which doesn't particularly interest me.

Motivation is an individualist thing and people can give you an arbitrary statement and you can apply your own meaning to it but it will be fairly empty realistically. The way I revise is by looking at the constant mediocrity around and me and recognizing that I could be better for myself and those around me, I constantly look for the best future I could possibly get and dream of getting there myself. I'm currently in a bad state school in which our school has been shut down due to health and safety and we are using 3 class rooms and only our year are allowed to enter. I am more or less self teaching at this point and latch onto the possibility, and the opportunity rather than the expectation of me by others.

I recognize I've probably reiterated myself here.. I'll leave a couple motivation videos here, they are a bit preachy but think about some of the statements in them, there vague enough for you to put meaning into them. (They definitely motivate me.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jwWYX7Jlo&t
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOy0YgUDwDg

ReputationRep:
    Awh! Thank you guys! This actual has helped me, I really want to move to America so my dream is quite big so I know if I wanna make it I got to work hard now to have a better future

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.