Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pls help!!! I have lost my theory test pass certificate and I was just about to book a cancellation test for this Thursday. I have read some threads which say that some examiners don't even ask to see this certificate but this sounds a bit risky to me.
    I'm just wondering if anybody has been through the process of applying for a replacement letter through the gov website before for this reason and if so how long this could possibly take to come?? I don't want to book the test if the certificate will take weeks to come and I also need to know whether I will have to rearrange my original test date (27th Feb) should the replacement not come by then either.
    Please help!!!

ReputationRep:
    Contact the DVLA, they'll be able to tell you how long it will take.

https://www.gov.uk/find-theory-test-pass-number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBS_)
    Contact the DVLA, they'll be able to tell you how long it will take.

https://www.gov.uk/find-theory-test-pass-number
    Thanks, I was planning on doing this tomorrow morning but was just wondering if anybody had experience in this in the mean time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I was never asked for mine when I sat my test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishgirl163)
    I was never asked for mine when I sat my test.
    When did you sit it??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdpjohnson)
    When did you sit it??
    July 2016, and I know friends who have sat this year and were never asked for theirs. I don't know if it depends on test centre or not.

ReputationRep:
    1 or 2 weeks, at least thats how long it took for someone I know.
    Best to contact dvla tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I have been an ADI for over 7 years and have never known the certificate to be asked for at practical test time. I tell my pupils not to bother taking it. No guarantees but I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    I have been an ADI for over 7 years and have never known the certificate to be asked for at practical test time. I tell my pupils not to bother taking it. No guarantees but I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thank you! I rang my driving instructor in a state and she reassured me that I definitely do not need it and has encouraged me to bring my test forward so I'm gonna trust her on this one! Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Sat mine last week, never had to show the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Think it depends who you get, I had to show mine as did everyone I know..There was one girl who had her test cancelled cause she didn't have it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    Think it depends who you get, I had to show mine as did everyone I know..There was one girl who had her test cancelled cause she didn't have it..
    I think it might depend on the test centre TBH? My best friends instructor told her to not even bring it because she didn't need it and she wasn't asked, and now my instructor is saying the same so I think for an instructor who uses a test centre multiple times a week must know it well! Perhaps some test centres tend to ask more than others? Hence why all the people you may know might have been asked as im assuming you were all tested locally to yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.