also, anyone with a personal statement as empty as mine xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rameow)
    also, anyone with a personal statement as empty as mine xD
    Dont panic you have plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    anyoneee?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, my dd didnt start her PS until beginning of Oct and it was good enough to get her 3 interviews. Most important is to look carefully at the unis you wish to apply to and see what they want to read in a PS. Also, after you have done your UKCAT it might rule in/rule out some of the unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhelen)
    Seriously, my dd didnt start her PS until beginning of Oct and it was good enough to get her 3 interviews. Most important is to look carefully at the unis you wish to apply to and see what they want to read in a PS. Also, after you have done your UKCAT it might rule in/rule out some of the unis.
    aahh see my problem is that my ps is too empty........ also, how can I check what unis want to see on my ps, do you mean the requirements stated on their website?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=rameow;70127158]aahh see my problem is that my ps is too empty........ also, how can I check what unis want to see on my ps, do you mean the requirements stated on their website

Yes you need to look really carefully at what they say they are looking for . Once you get started with writing it you will find the problem is that you want to use far more words than you are allowed! Before you get to PS stage there are uni open days and UKCAT to prepare for.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=redhelen;70132224]
    aahh see my problem is that my ps is too empty........ also, how can I check what unis want to see on my ps, do you mean the requirements stated on their website

Yes you need to look really carefully at what they say they are looking for . Once you get started with writing it you will find the problem is that you want to use far more words than you are allowed! Before you get to PS stage there are uni open days and UKCAT to prepare for.
    thank you!! Im worried about the UKCAT, but hopefully I can do well. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else feeling the pressure this 'early'
    me! i've started to panic already :/ which unis are you thinking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChinchillaMad)
    me! i've started to panic already :/ which unis are you thinking about?
    oh hello! KCL ( i would LOVE to be accepted there but the UKCAT and my personal statement are scaring me and my school offers no help (... what about you?

ReputationRep:
    How well do you know your dentist? Maybe they could read it through if your school wont help. Are you sures omeone from school wont read your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhelen)
    How well do you know your dentist? Maybe they could read it through if your school wont help. Are you sures omeone from school wont read your personal statement?
    they would read it but wont help you change it, they dont even offer any clubs or extracurriculars

ReputationRep:
    they would read it but wont help you change it, they dont even offer any clubs or extracurriculars
    I think it's best that they dont change it too much as the admissions team want to get to see what you are like.

ReputationRep:
    oh hello! KCL ( i would LOVE to be accepted there but the UKCAT and my personal statement are scaring me and my school offers no help (... what about you?
    I'd love to get into KCL too! Birmingham is also amazing, but I get you the ukcat is scaring me so much omg.... have you started preparing yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I am set to study Dentistry this year and got interviews from Liverpool, Aberdeen and Uclan and possibly Bristol (haven't heard back yet). So if you need any advice just holla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChinchillaMad)
    I'd love to get into KCL too! Birmingham is also amazing, but I get you the ukcat is scaring me so much omg.... have you started preparing yet?

hopefully we will get in! i havent yet tbh im drowning in work and i have march mocks and then AS exams and i just have no time pff not even for work experince. what about you? I heard that the 600 questions book is pretty helpful btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnDeMetz)
    Hi Guys,

I am set to study Dentistry this year and got interviews from Liverpool, Aberdeen and Uclan and possibly Bristol (haven't heard back yet). So if you need any advice just holla

hello, well done and thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.