Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm in yr13 and I'm unsure what do next. My predicted grades are AAB. I've applied to do an apprenticeship at an accountancy firm but I've also applied for University my top choice, Kings College for German and English. I have an offer but now I'm worried I've picked the completely wrong thing and that I should have picked a science I'm thinking Human Biology. Is that possible to do in clearing?
    Also, can someone just help me out! Too many choices and I don't know what to pick.
    This is my first comment PLEASE no meany bom beanys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bora99)
    Hi,
    So I'm in yr13 and I'm unsure what do next. My predicted grades are AAB. I've applied to do an apprenticeship at an accountancy firm but I've also applied for University my top choice, Kings College for German and English. I have an offer but now I'm worried I've picked the completely wrong thing and that I should have picked a science I'm thinking Human Biology. Is that possible to do in clearing?
    Also, can someone just help me out! Too many choices and I don't know what to pick.
    This is my first comment PLEASE no meany bom beanys!
    You can certainly try clearing, and as KCL's standard offer for human biology is AAB, there's definitely a chance you'd be offered a place - or a place at another really good uni - but the number of places available on the day is not guaranteed, and you might not end up with a top uni place. Also, if you get a place through clearing, you'll be left with whatever accomodation hasn't already been allocated, so tends to be the worst.

If you're really struggling to decide what you want to do at uni, perhaps the best thing to do would be to take a year out - maybe do a year at the accountancy firm - and give yourself time to think about what you want to study for the next 3 years. Presuming that you're not applying to Oxbridge, that gives you until January to make the decision. Also, talk to your teachers and get their advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    You can certainly try clearing, and as KCL's standard offer for human biology is AAB, there's definitely a chance you'd be offered a place - or a place at another really good uni - but the number of places available on the day is not guaranteed, and you might not end up with a top uni place. Also, if you get a place through clearing, you'll be left with whatever accomodation hasn't already been allocated, so tends to be the worst.

If you're really struggling to decide what you want to do at uni, perhaps the best thing to do would be to take a year out - maybe do a year at the accountancy firm - and give yourself time to think about what you want to study for the next 3 years. Presuming that you're not applying to Oxbridge, that gives you until January to make the decision. Also, talk to your teachers and get their advice.
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.