Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

So I'm a medical science graduate (2.1) and want to study the physician associate studies msc. I can get a graduate loan and a graduate development loan (£20k in total) but since tuition fees are £18K (2X£9K) that only leaves me £2k for halls and for food. Obviously i'll be doing bank shifts in and around London hospitals at the weekends to help but I can't be working every single weekend as it's a fairly intense course. Can anyone suggest anything to get funding for living expenses?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acook59)
    Hey guys,

So I'm a medical science graduate (2.1) and want to study the physician associate studies msc. I can get a graduate loan and a graduate development loan (£20k in total) but since tuition fees are £18K (2X£9K) that only leaves me £2k for halls and for food. Obviously i'll be doing bank shifts in and around London hospitals at the weekends to help but I can't be working every single weekend as it's a fairly intense course. Can anyone suggest anything to get funding for living expenses?
    Hi

I've moved this to the Money and finance forum - you've already listed all of the government funding available to you so your options are from private finance, charitable grants and university issued bursaries and scholarships.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Plymouth has some sponsorship in place atm. You go through a sponsorship interview and if you are chosen, one of the involved Trusts will sponsor you (pay your tuition fees) for both years. You do have to work for your sponsoring trust for two years after graduation. Is worth checking if this will all still be in on place next year intake.
    Other Unis might also have some sponsoring in place, so you could check with them one by one, is also something worth do
    Good luck
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Going to move this one to Student Financial Support where it's better suited.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Going to move this one to Student Financial Support where it's better suited.
    I moved it out of there because the OP is already aware of the government support available. They're looking for other sources of funding/money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.