Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need some help for my solution for Obesity. Watch

ReputationRep:
    For Welsh Bacc, I have to come up with a solution for Obesity. Mine is to promote healthy eating on billboards and to stop fast food companies promoting theirs and to also charge fat taxes.

But, I'm having difficultly stating the pros and cons of both of my solutions and how I can link them to my PESTLE issues. Please help.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by invalidname)
    For Welsh Bacc, I have to come up with a solution for Obesity. Mine is to promote healthy eating on billboards and to stop fast food companies promoting theirs and to also charge fat taxes.

But, I'm having difficultly stating the pros and cons of both of my solutions and how I can link them to my PESTLE issues. Please help.

Thanks
    I dont see how you can stop fast food companies from advertising, they are just as entitled to advertise their food than say a vegan >500Kcal per meal superfood restaurant. So i guess legality issues can be a con

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    I dont see how you can stop fast food companies from advertising, they are just as entitled to advertise their food than say a vegan >500Kcal per meal superfood restaurant. So i guess legality issues can be a con
    I had to do one a while back, mine was to give obese people who come to GPs free gym memberships.

Feel free to use mine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What's a "fat tax"? Do you weigh people and make them pay money for every lb over their ideal BMI they are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    What's a "fat tax"? Do you weigh people and make them pay money for every lb over their ideal BMI they are?
    A pound for a pound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    A pound for a pound.
    Isnt that just prostitution

ReputationRep:
    Thank you how did you relate it to your PESTLE factors and how did you develop your solution please. This presentation for welsh bacc is really frying my brain!!

ReputationRep:
    Promoting healthy eating never works. Do what they do for smokers and show graphic imagery of the effects of overeating and obesity and that will work a charm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Charge them for operations. Charge type 2 diabetics for prescriptions

ReputationRep:
    Scrap the NHS then we can be as fat as we want and smoke as much as we want without people complaining and trying to control our behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Any food tax or ration is obviously going to be resisted by "rights campaigners". Only things gov can do are: stop obesity treatments through NHS, and bring through an education reform that makes kids enjoy PE. Obviously, active parents are more likely to raise active kids so maybe government can bring in an incentive for the amount of time one spends outside with their kids.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.