Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ATAS certificate Watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gotten all my offers yet some unis have sent me some jcas code and stuff and told Me to start applying for ATAS if I intend to accept their offer. Would each uni needed a seperate atas application? I'm quite confused as I have to pick modules for the course as well and would each Uni have a seperate jcas code? Please help I'm Internatiomal
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    I haven't gotten all my offers yet some unis have sent me some jcas code and stuff and told Me to start applying for ATAS if I intend to accept their offer. Would each uni needed a seperate atas application? I'm quite confused as I have to pick modules for the course as well and would each Uni have a seperate jcas code? Please help I'm Internatiomal
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...as-certificate says your universities should have sent you the information and that you need a separate ATAS for each offer.

I'd only bother for any offers you're considering accepting personally but it takes a month for an application to be processed and you can't apply for a visa without it finishing so best to get it out of the way early on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...as-certificate says your universities should have sent you the information and that you need a separate ATAS for each offer.

I'd only bother for any offers you're considering accepting personally but it takes a month for an application to be processed and you can't apply for a visa without it finishing so best to get it out of the way early on
    i have not gotten atas information from some universities like UCL, they haven't given me an atas code or anything and on track it doesnt show that i need one. is it safe to assume not every uni wants the atas or?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    i have not gotten atas information from some universities like UCL, they haven't given me an atas code or anything and on track it doesnt show that i need one. is it safe to assume not every uni wants the atas or?
    It will depend on the subject coding of the course (and the modules of the course) whether an ATAS is required....it might be worth a quick email to any who haven't notified you of it as a requirement (contact their international or visa teams directly or search their website - eg on UCLs website: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/iss/immigration-visa/atas links to the courses requiring ATAS)

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.