The Student Room Group

Drama IGCSE or Geography GCSE?

I have to make my GCSE choices this week,
So far I have chosen: Maths, Ad maths, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemisty, Physics, History, Spanish and Latin. Now I just have one choice left between Geography, French and Drama.
My teachers have advised me not to take French because that would be too many languages. So, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on whether I should take Geography or Drama. Also, in the future I would like to become a doctor or a teacher.
Thank you in advance
I really appreciate any feedback!
Go with what your best at. A GCSE is just a GCSE at the end of the day that contributes to your future.
Original post by Just Another Day
Go with what your best at. A GCSE is just a GCSE at the end of the day that contributes to your future.

I enjoy Drama more, but I don't know which one I am better at.
Is Geography GCSE a more 'useful' GCSE than Drama?
Original post by carpediem2204

Not really. A GCSE is a GCSE. Each subject is different but at the end any GCSE contributes just the same to your total.
Both could be as useful as the other. People mainly look at what grades you got, not necessarily what subjects you take. But I would take drama if you enjoy drama more :smile:
I think Drama could be better if you enjoy it more and it would give you a 'wider variety' of subjects as you've mainly gone academically.
Reply 6

You've already got lots of very academic subjects so unless you really love geography, it might be better to take drama both for a better range and to give you a little break from the other more "hardcore" subjects. As people have already said, it's much more important to get high grades - no one really cares what they're in as long as you have maths and english.
Reply 7
I have to make my GCSE choices this week,
So far I have chosen: Maths, Ad maths, English Literature, English Language, Biology, Chemisty, Physics, History, Spanish and Latin. Now I just have one choice left between Geography, French and Drama.
My teachers have advised me not to take French because that would be too many languages. So, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on whether I should take Geography or Drama. Also, in the future I would like to become a doctor or a teacher.
Thank you in advance
I really appreciate any feedback!

If its not too late then please please please take my advice, DONT TAKE IGCSE DRAMA, its a ridiculous amount of work, harder than any of the other 11 im doing (and the one I did last year) and probably the only exam I wont get an A* in. The actual acting is OK but lots of work but most of the course (only 40% but as far as time spent learning) is written, theres a 2.5 hour hard exam which is longer than any other subect im taking and its ****ing hell. I wish I had taken Geography as based on all my friends it's pretty easy, especially compared to Drama. Also i'm taking French this year and would highly recommend it, used to be awful at French but did some revision and should be and easy A* from here, as long as you arent awful at it it's pretty easy and at times quite enjoyable. As far as your other choices they look good to me. Your other choices are the exact same as mine other than spanish (+ French and Drama and RS last year) and I would reccomend all of them, English lit can be quite difficult but if your school is similar to mine its not optional anyway. Also, I also would like to do medicine (doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Politics next year) and these seem like good choices to pave your way there. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest