Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering if anyone could advise me on which hair straighteners to buy....you see my sister has GHDs which are amazing but since they cost £80 or whatever i can't afford them (i need some for when i go back to uni wheni can't borrow hers all the time!) so if anyone knows of any cheaper sets that are also v good it'd be great, and also it'd be could if you could tell me which ones are crap cos i don;t want to waste my money either!

ReputationRep:
    UKH are apparantly better than ghd, you can control the heat settins on them. they are about £70 though. babyliss ones are good- about £50. you won't get a decent pair for under that though- not ones that do the job properly

ReputationRep:
    Isnt google amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woox)
    i was wondering if anyone could advise me on which hair straighteners to buy....you see my sister has GHDs which are amazing but since they cost £80 or whatever i can't afford them (i need some for when i go back to uni wheni can't borrow hers all the time!) so if anyone knows of any cheaper sets that are also v good it'd be great, and also it'd be could if you could tell me which ones are crap cos i don;t want to waste my money either!
    remington slim - £25
    they go upto 200 degrees in 1 minute and do they job fine

ReputationRep:
    Yes, what is this obsession with GHD's. Barely a day goes by without a female m8 of mine proclaiming something good about them... Or catching their ear on it, ahaha...i'm sadistic...

ReputationRep:
    Get one with ceramic plates, cant stress that enough, metal damages the hair more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Get one with ceramic plates, cant stress that enough, metal damages the hair more.
    i have some ceramic ones, they look pretty good but the box they came in was crappy looking so my friend managed to get them for me for a fiver.. i think it was from a place called tradex....?? :confused:

lu x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    remington slim - £25
    I agree. Theyre the best ones......and theyre cheap aswel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubilu)
    i have some ceramic ones, they look pretty good but the box they came in was crappy looking so my friend managed to get them for me for a fiver.. i think it was from a place called tradex....?? :confused:

lu x
    Well I wouldnt know.

ReputationRep:
    ooh mine was remignton! quite good, altho i prefer hairdryers to straighteners! makes the hair smoother!
    i blow dry it then use the straightener to make it straighter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    ooh mine was remignton! quite good, altho i prefer hairdryers to straighteners! makes the hair smoother!
    i blow dry it then use the straightener to make it straighter!
    same, sometimes I dont use the straightner at all.

ReputationRep:
    How long is your hair? If it's short then slim ones are better but if it's long then wide ones are

Mine are Babyliss and I got them from my hairdresser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    Yes, what is this obsession with GHD's. Barely a day goes by without a female m8 of mine proclaiming something good about them... Or catching their ear on it, ahaha...i'm sadistic...
    theyare the best and they have like a years warranty so you can poo around with them and experiment ...hehehe...i hopeghd people dont read this. Mine are in great condition though! Although, im bumbed i didnt bring them to canada with me, straighteners here suck.

ReputationRep:
    GHS straighteners work just as well as GHD's but only cost £29.99 and have free p+p - you might as well get those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Well I wouldnt know.
    hehe me either.. but thay are really good..work as good as the £79 i had before.. i think they were mark hill ...

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't live without my GHD's... best thing that's ever happened to my hair!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    Couldn't live without my GHD's... best thing that's ever happened to my hair!!
    you really think they are that good :confused:
    i dont see the difference between them and the remington ones.... except for the price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelibertines)
    GHS straighteners work just as well as GHD's but only cost £29.99 and have free p+p - you might as well get those!
    theyre GHD rip offs...although i did pay like 120 for mine, which is kinda pissin me off :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woox)
    wot u need is to make friends wiv a hairdresser or beautician wiv a card for a store called sally´s then u can get GHDs for about 40pounds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    remington slim - £25
    Yeah they are the best, get it from Argos

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.