The Student Room Group

Is my body weird?!

I get told on a regular basis by friends, family members and sometimes even my partner that my body is oddly proportioned and I'm worried it really is.

For example, I am 5"2 and I know that a girl of that height is meant to have a shoe size somewhere around 2-4 (UK) but mine are a whopping 7.5?

Also, my legs are long. When you take into consideration that I'm 5"2, most girls have to shop in the petite section. All my friends my height wear 26" leg jeans but mine are 31"!

In order to have long legs on a short body, my body is tiny (as in chest and torso) and to be honest I look compressed. My body is so short that the curve in my waist is closer to my bust than my hips?

I have a short spine too - my tailbone is much higher on my back than everyone else. They seem to have their tailbone directly above their butt but mines 4" above?

My legs and arms are also 'bent' as well as long. My legs slightly curve on the calf bone, which isn't fully in-line with my thigh bone. I have the same situation with my lower arm and upper arm. I'm 'double jointed' as a result, like I can twist my arms funny ways and I can't hold my arms straight, they bend past a 180 angle. People have come up to me asking if my arm is broken before.

My friends used to jokingly call me 'spider' because of the whole long mangly limbs and short body thing - am I really that oddly proportioned or are they exaggerating?
Actually sounds cool. You must be great at gymnastics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dhanny
Actually sounds cool. You must be great at gymnastics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weirdly enough, yes! But swimming without a shadow of a doubt is what I was best at, I could pretty much out-swim anyone and can get pretty speedy (not so sure about endurance, can't really test it out properly in a leisure pool). I suspect my swimming abilities are leg-related
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Weirdly enough, yes! But swimming without a shadow of a doubt is what I was best at, I could pretty much out-swim anyone and can get pretty speedy (not so sure about endurance, can't really test it out properly in a leisure pool). I suspect my swimming abilities are leg-related

Why you so insecure then? Id be chuffed to have a body like that. I cant even swim 20 meters lol and my flexibilities terrible.

How about running? Them long legs must give you Usain Bolt speed right?
Well because my bones aren't properly in-line my joints are fragile and hurt a lot, so sadly I'm terrible at running, I also got flat feet because my knees aren't taking any of the weight they're meant to - it's bittersweet.

I worry that I look/sound weird, I can't imagine I look great in a standard dress even when it's my size because nothing is really tailored to my 'fit'

Quick Reply

Latest