I honestly don't know how to revise? I think i'm gonna fail :( Watch

S.A.Q2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. So I just received my gcse mock results and to be honest I am really disappointed. I'm in top set for everything and most my target grades are either A's or A*s. I know I have the ability to get these grades but I'm really depressed after getting these mock results. For me anything less than a B is failing. I'm mostly concerned about English and History. I have been doing very well in both the subjects since year 10 however the results I achieved in the mocks are truly shocking. I really struggle to revise for history and english literature. PLZ HELP!

Physics A*
Chemistry A
Biology C
Maths 7
English Language 5
English Literature 3
German (Listening and Reading) D and a B
Computing B
Design & Technology C
History D
yourmate'smate
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How much revision did you do?
S.A.Q2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by yourmate'smate)
How much revision did you do?
Not much to be honest
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S.A.Q2001)
Hi. So I just received my gcse mock results and to be honest I am really disappointed. I'm in top set for everything and most my target grades are either A's or A*s. I know I have the ability to get these grades but I'm really depressed after getting these mock results. For me anything less than a B is failing. I'm mostly concerned about English and History. I have been doing very well in both the subjects since year 10 however the results I achieved in the mocks are truly shocking. I really struggle to revise for history and english literature. PLZ HELP!

Physics A*
Chemistry A
Biology C
Maths 7
English Language 5
English Literature 3
German (Listening and Reading) D and a B
Computing B
Design & Technology C
History D
Hi, one question, what did you get in your English Literature and Language mocks (what marks?).
Anyways, don't worry, you have 3 months to prepare yourself.

I'd say do 1 hour minimum from Monday-Friday and 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

I'd say each subject/topic should be 1 hour, for example:

Monday:
45 minutes (Convection, Conduction and Radiation + past paper questions), 15 minutes break.

Tuesday:
45 minutes (Adult cell cloning, Enzymes and Adaptations +past paper questions), 15 minutes break etc.

Always revise on your weak areas first, anything you completely don't understand. Print out the spec and anything you have absolutely no idea about revise first, don't revise things you already know, it's a waste.
yourmate'smate
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not much to be honest
Honestly, just do some past papers in your own time. Give them to your teachers and I'm sure they'll mark them. Maybe you just got unlucky with the exams in your mocks but it can never hurt to start revising early.
S.A.Q2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quizlet)
Hi, one question, what did you get in your English Literature and Language mocks (what marks?).
Anyways, don't worry, you have 3 months to prepare yourself.

I'd say do 1 hour minimum from Monday-Friday and 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday.

I'd say each subject/topic should be 1 hour, for example:

Monday:
45 minutes (Convection, Conduction and Radiation + past paper questions), 15 minutes break.

Tuesday:
45 minutes (Adult cell cloning, Enzymes and Adaptations +past paper questions), 15 minutes break etc.

Always revise on your weak areas first, anything you completely don't understand. Print out the spec and anything you have absolutely no idea about revise first, don't revise things you already know, it's a waste.
Language paper 1- 47/64
Language Paper 2- 42/80
Literature Paper 1- 35/80
Literature Paper 2- 31/80
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Language paper 1- 47/64
Language Paper 2- 42/80
Literature Paper 1- 35/80
Literature Paper 2- 31/80
I think you mixed up Literature and Language, I'm not sure. Anyways, I was an A* student, until.... I didn't do so well, I got 66 in English Literature and Language, only because school's can never accurately predict exam boundaries, DON'T WORRY!
Our average mark was 30-35/80 in English Language, and they put that as a 3-, but in reality it should be much higher. The higher students got 50s-60s, but only got a 6, whereas they should've got an 8-9 because it's based on students performance.

For example:
If the top students got 60/80 on average, 60 marks would be a 9, and so on.....
If the top 20% got 30/80, 30 marks out of 80 would be a 7!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads