The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I remember once seeing a well know brand bottled water plant or whatever they're called down south.... right next to the severn trent plant for providing local water. Basically they just payed severn trent for some of their water which they bottled and sold on supermarket shelves....

Turns out that's how most bottled water is sourced.
I don't drink bottled water as I can't bring myself to pay money for something I can get for free which tastes the same lol
Tap water, I rarely have bottled water :smile:
Reply 23
tap water as the water from birmingham is the best
Tap water. Bottled tastes artificial.
Bottled water.
Reply 26
Tap Water - I think I have hard water from searching online and looking at the amount of limescale that builds up in my kettle.

The bottled Harrogate Spa water is bottled just a few miles awy from me so i guess theres no point paying just for a bottle.

Some people and PR from water companies make out that tapped water is dirty/ contaminated in some way like when you go to 3rd world countries. Just look at the new Brita bottles charging about £15 just to buy a normal looking water bottle with just a flimsy mesh-type filter you have to replace every few weeks to get the "purest/ best" water

However, from experience from many friends, I've heard water down south tastes rather salty!
Reply 27
However, I have had to sometimes buy bottled water in cases where I am outside and have no access to the tap.

But.. Im so stingy that when I get home , i just wash out and reuse the bottle for a whole lifetime refilling it up in the bottle from the tap and then pretend to others that its just bottled water
Original post by ShannyMorrison
I live in a place with soft water, so tap! Buying bottled water where I live is not only pointless because that too comes from a tap anyway, but I feel guilty for all the plastic waste :/

And not the money? :tongue:
Bottled water and canned air :smile:
Original post by Cherub012
And not the money? :tongue:

Absolutely not, if you live somewhere with soft water and are buying bottled water then you're daft! Obviously places with hard water are exceptions.
Reply 31
Bottled
Reply 32
whoever drinks only bottled water when there is perfectly good tap water available is disgusting and ruining the planet. bottled water is a last resort.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Moura
whoever drinks only bottled water when there is perfectly good tap water available is disgusting and ruining the plant. bottled water is a last resort.

It all tastes like water to me.
Reply 35
Original post by rustyldner
It all tastes like water to me.

Why should I pay for water in a bottle when I can get unlimited tap water? I usually use some concentrate to go with it so that it doesn't taste that bad.
Reply 37
Original post by ForgetMe
Why should I pay for water in a bottle when I can get unlimited tap water? I usually use some concentrate to go with it so that it doesn't taste that bad.

Original post by AshEntropy

Stop whilst it's not too late.
Reply 39
Original post by ForgetMe
Stop whilst it's not too late.

What do you mean?

Latest