The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i prefer bottled water but thats purely because i have only tap water, but use a water filter and then its essentially bottled standard from there :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by RCyganek
I will google it, it sounds interesting.

Never had a problem with limescale since I drink the water cold and don't boil it, so never had any. While soft water is slightly salty, and it's much more common place for soft water to no be fit for human consumption. Not to mention, hard water has plenty of minerals that (in some cases only) can provide the recommended intake of minerals just by drinking the water itself.

Yeah i always thought limescale only occurs when boiling but sometimes it comes straight out of my tap.. not always but its happened And there's like small pieces I should probably complain. You're right actually, I think soft water is more for washing your hands and showers isn't it? I guess people get it so limescale doesnt build up from showers and doing the dishes since they use hot water, but you can easily buy mineral water...
I only like tap water when it's been boiled and filtered (hence why we have a water filter at home) since I'm not a fan of the raw taste of tap water. When going to college I just prefer to buy some bottled water though.
buy mineral water vs drink water that is free (well, it's free here anyway)
I'm not saying soft water doesn't have its benefits, it's a lot better for basically anything else. the only things that are good for hard water are health, taste..and brewing beer.

I have separate taps for hard water and soft water, so I get best of both worlds \o/
Reply 64
Original post by ForestShadow
prefer boiled water but not bottled :dontknow:

But then you don't get any minerals
A lot of people who drink tap water especially those living in areas where water is 'hard' typically wind up suffering from problems in the urinary system. There are also issues with female hormones getting into drinking water that might pose health risks to men and wild life. I don't think that tap water is really a healthy option in this country or anywhere for that matter.
(edited 7 years ago)
Only filtered water, tho. The other stuff tastes foul.

Bottled water is pretty nice, but the drawback is the bottle.
Of course, the best water is drunk high-up in a stream on a mountain in Switzerland, fresh with the spring-melt. Tastes... beautiful lol
I used to prefer bottles but recently we've got this thing that makes soft water from our hard water, and it makes it so much more better! So tap water at home, but bottles anywhere else.
Original post by zwastix
I used to prefer bottles but recently we've got this thing that makes soft water from our hard water, and it makes it so much more better! So tap water at home, but bottles anywhere else.

I realise its called filtered water.. so yeah :colondollar:
Tap when I'm at home...bottled when I go out.
Considering many people use tap water for drinking, cooking, washing dishes and the toilet..
I don't like water, but would choose tap water over bottled water.
Tap generally, but bottled can be more convenient. I generally keep a tonne of bottled squash at my desk so that I actually bother to drink (and not be too lazy to go to the kitchen and get a drink). Bottled does taste quite plasticy at times though, as other people have said.
As a matter of taste, don't care.

As a matter of principal, absolutely tap water.
Tap water has that horrible tap water taste. I only drink it when there's no other option.
They literally taste the same to me

But I voted bottled, since bottled water doesn't leave limescale at the bottom of my kettle
Reply 77
Original post by bizzy_penguin
Do you prefer Tap or Bottled Water?

Have always had tap water :smile:

I only drink flavoured water.
It depends where I am. I studied in London for a year and the water there was vile. However, in some parts of London, it's fine.

Happy to drink tap water where I currently live.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Tap water. Ah, the soft water in Sheffield.... :h:

Soft? it is not a proper of fluid water in general? I personally like it in wintertime when the water is cold when it is running out of the tab. :smile:

Latest