The Student Room Group

How many units of alcohol does it take to get you drunk?

I understand that it's different for everyone and depends on loads of factors. But I was just curious.

Also I heard 1 shot of vodka is about 1 alcohol unit but idk if that's true.

Scroll to see replies

I dunno but it's enough for me to never need to spend money on drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
I dunno but it's enough for me to never need to spend money on drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, me. I'm such a lightweight. :blush:
Not much, probably about 4?
Dunno, at the height of my drinking career maybe around 30.

Original post by bones-mccoy
Not much, probably about 4?

Really? That's like one and a half pints.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Dunno, at the height of my drinking career maybe around 30.

Really? That's like one and a half pints.

I don't drink beer, I drink spirits
Reply 6
Depends on your definition of drunk.
I feel some effect from alcohol quickly, but that doesn't mean I feel drunk quickly. To be honest I pretty much can't seem to get drunk to the extent of stumbling or slurring nowadays.
Nine
Reply 8
I'm on about 5 now and don't really feel anything.

I probably won't be back to report later.
I drank 3/4 of a 1.5L bottle of vodka a couple weeks back. I was pretty drunk but still aware of myself and my surroundings. I have a stupidly high alcohol tolerance.
I know it’s late lmao but better late than never, I mean I still looked at this page. 30 units on a good day20-16 on a bad dayAnd that’s to get good drunk, like you know what you’re doing but don’t really care and feel happy. Aim for 40units if you want to blackout and have an insane night, (that you won’t remember but people will tell you stories for months to come) my personal favourite Please note I’m a 6’1” 70kg 19 year old male, so take that into account in whatever way you want, also I drink regularly, most weekends, and do drugs casually if that matters I guess. Above all be safe lmao, make sure you have a mate that can always rescues you, and don’t push your limits, build up to it. Don’t succumb to peer pressure.
Original post by MorganCoffey
I know it’s late lmao but better late than never, I mean I still looked at this page. 30 units on a good day20-16 on a bad dayAnd that’s to get good drunk, like you know what you’re doing but don’t really care and feel happy. Aim for 40units if you want to blackout and have an insane night, (that you won’t remember but people will tell you stories for months to come) my personal favourite Please note I’m a 6’1” 70kg 19 year old male, so take that into account in whatever way you want, also I drink regularly, most weekends, and do drugs casually if that matters I guess. Above all be safe lmao, make sure you have a mate that can always rescues you, and don’t push your limits, build up to it. Don’t succumb to peer pressure.

Created an account just for this so that’s how heavily I want to help I guess. Also if you’re wondering, Uni is epic.
Reply 12
Original post by pairofjeans
I understand that it's different for everyone and depends on loads of factors. But I was just curious.

It depends on the alcohol percentage. Do not post things you know nothing about. Carry on elsewhere with your foot fetish. One shot is roughly equal to one beer is roughly equal to one glass of wine. Each takes roughly 1 hour to process. Your drunk level depends on body weight and how often you drink (tolerance).
For me, not very much. I've really cut down on alcohol within the last year so when I do drink I definitely feel the effects of it.
Original post by Wcj1986
It depends on the alcohol percentage. Do not post things you know nothing about. Carry on elsewhere with your foot fetish. One shot is roughly equal to one beer is roughly equal to one glass of wine. Each takes roughly 1 hour to process. Your drunk level depends on body weight and how often you drink (tolerance).

You do know what a unit is right
Original post by pairofjeans

Depends on the alcohol percentage. Spirits wise it takes me 4 doubles to get me tipsy
im 13 and 11 units gets me ****ed (like throwing up n cant walk)
Reply 17
Way too late to the party but im 18, 125lbs and 5ft 4. It takes about 2.5 henry westerns ciders (love it- less drinking to get drunk but its not vile tasting), and thats equivalent to just over 10 units. Thats to get drunk where you're having a good time and can still walk, blackout drunk took me an awful drinking game where i took a shot for every quiz answer i got wrong, I had about 15 singles of vodka (around 15 units). Dont remember falling asleep just woke up in a spinning room
Bit late too. I'm 17, 6'1 and 80kg, takes me about 15 units to be relatively tipsy. I seem to be very tolerant to everything, even drugs (only soft ones). For example, when I got my wisdom teeth removed they had to give me more anaesthetic to get me to sleep, I was still awake after the first injection, and before that they gave me xanax to chill me out and it had no effect. 15 units is half a bottle of vodka, if I drink about 2/3 I'm very tipsy and a bottle I'm drunk
About 16-19 bottels

Quick Reply