How many units of alcohol does it take to get you drunk?

Watch
pairofjeans
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I understand that it's different for everyone and depends on loads of factors. But I was just curious.

Also I heard 1 shot of vodka is about 1 alcohol unit but idk if that's true.
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dunno but it's enough for me to never need to spend money on drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
I dunno but it's enough for me to never need to spend money on drinks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, me. I'm such a lightweight. :blush:
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not much, probably about 4?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dunno, at the height of my drinking career maybe around 30.

(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Not much, probably about 4?
Really? That's like one and a half pints.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Dunno, at the height of my drinking career maybe around 30.

Really? That's like one and a half pints.
I don't drink beer, I drink spirits
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on your definition of drunk.
I feel some effect from alcohol quickly, but that doesn't mean I feel drunk quickly. To be honest I pretty much can't seem to get drunk to the extent of stumbling or slurring nowadays.
PoetryBlues
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nine
Andy8583
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm on about 5 now and don't really feel anything.

I probably won't be back to report later.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I drank 3/4 of a 1.5L bottle of vodka a couple weeks back. I was pretty drunk but still aware of myself and my surroundings. I have a stupidly high alcohol tolerance.
MorganCoffey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I know it’s late lmao but better late than never, I mean I still looked at this page. 30 units on a good day20-16 on a bad dayAnd that’s to get good drunk, like you know what you’re doing but don’t really care and feel happy. Aim for 40units if you want to blackout and have an insane night, (that you won’t remember but people will tell you stories for months to come) my personal favourite Please note I’m a 6’1” 70kg 19 year old male, so take that into account in whatever way you want, also I drink regularly, most weekends, and do drugs casually if that matters I guess. Above all be safe lmao, make sure you have a mate that can always rescues you, and don’t push your limits, build up to it. Don’t succumb to peer pressure.
MorganCoffey
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MorganCoffey)
I know it’s late lmao but better late than never, I mean I still looked at this page. 30 units on a good day20-16 on a bad dayAnd that’s to get good drunk, like you know what you’re doing but don’t really care and feel happy. Aim for 40units if you want to blackout and have an insane night, (that you won’t remember but people will tell you stories for months to come) my personal favourite Please note I’m a 6’1” 70kg 19 year old male, so take that into account in whatever way you want, also I drink regularly, most weekends, and do drugs casually if that matters I guess. Above all be safe lmao, make sure you have a mate that can always rescues you, and don’t push your limits, build up to it. Don’t succumb to peer pressure.
Created an account just for this so that’s how heavily I want to help I guess. Also if you’re wondering, Uni is epic.
Wcj1986
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by pairofjeans)
I understand that it's different for everyone and depends on loads of factors. But I was just curious.

It depends on the alcohol percentage. Do not post things you know nothing about. Carry on elsewhere with your foot fetish. One shot is roughly equal to one beer is roughly equal to one glass of wine. Each takes roughly 1 hour to process. Your drunk level depends on body weight and how often you drink (tolerance).
Alesha1991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For me, not very much. I've really cut down on alcohol within the last year so when I do drink I definitely feel the effects of it.
Klickfink
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Wcj1986)
It depends on the alcohol percentage. Do not post things you know nothing about. Carry on elsewhere with your foot fetish. One shot is roughly equal to one beer is roughly equal to one glass of wine. Each takes roughly 1 hour to process. Your drunk level depends on body weight and how often you drink (tolerance).
You do know what a unit is right
JacqueJames
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by pairofjeans)

Depends on the alcohol percentage. Spirits wise it takes me 4 doubles to get me tipsy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.38%
I'm not sure (8)
3.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (88)
37.61%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (98)
41.88%

Watched Threads