The Student Room Group

AQA A-level English Language new 7702/1 & 7702/2- 14 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke Donaghey
this is amazing, thanks :smile:

No worries!! Hope it helps:biggrin:
Heyy, guys i was looking through the specimen paper and saw the questions. Does it mean that the questions on the spec paper will NOT be asked in the exam??
Original post by Aliceimo
yes please! if you could either dm me or email me [email protected] that would really help :smile:

Hi would you be able to send them to me possibly? that would help loads :smile: [email protected]
Original post by revision1
Heyy, guys i was looking through the specimen paper and saw the questions. Does it mean that the questions on the spec paper will NOT be asked in the exam??

Yeah they won't be but the exam structure will be similar. For Child Language Acquisition have you been told that both writing and speaking will come up?
Original post by KatieHam
I've attached the powerpoint I made of everything you need to know for English Language A-Level, don't know if it'll be the same for everyone, my teacher didn't teach the course very well so a lot of it is self taught, but hope it helps!!!
(Child Language Acquisition Reading and Writing, this section is probably weak, I prefer the spoken aspect so much more)

This is really helpful thank you! You know for child language have you been told that we will definitely get a choice between spoken and written because we've hardly been taught written so i'm worried incase only written comes up
Original post by AstridElise
This is really helpful thank you! You know for child language have you been told that we will definitely get a choice between spoken and written because we've hardly been taught written so i'm worried incase only written comes up

I was just about to come on here and ask whether people are choosing to revise spoken or written, or both!!
Basically, you get a choice of two questions for CLA, I asked my teacher and he said it will be question on Spoken and then a question on Reading/Writing, and you get a choice to answer. If this is the case, I want to know whether people on here are revising both topics or just one of or the other?

We've hardly been taught written as well, especially with how to develop a discussion, because spoken has a clear conflict on the four theorists, whereas written is a bit harder to evaluate the connections and contrasting ideas...

What's everyone else doing about the child language questions?
Reply 66
Can anyone give me some questions for spoken and Written CLD please ?
Other than the ones on specimen?
Hey!! Can I be added? *+44 7764 785880‬
Original post by esmenich
Okay excellent thanks! Also, there's a few of us in a whatsapp group chat so feel free to join us, we share all of our notes there. Message me and I'll add you if you'd like :smile:
Original post by _Harry998
If anyone is interested in having a whatsapp group where we can all talk and chat about stuff related to the exam in there give me some rep and DM me :smile:

bit late to the party but this should totally happen
Reply 69
Original post by KatieHam
I was just about to come on here and ask whether people are choosing to revise spoken or written, or both!!
Basically, you get a choice of two questions for CLA, I asked my teacher and he said it will be question on Spoken and then a question on Reading/Writing, and you get a choice to answer. If this is the case, I want to know whether people on here are revising both topics or just one of or the other?

We've hardly been taught written as well, especially with how to develop a discussion, because spoken has a clear conflict on the four theorists, whereas written is a bit harder to evaluate the connections and contrasting ideas...

What's everyone else doing about the child language questions?

Are we deffo going to have a choice? We haven't been taught written much, so i think im gonna have to risk it and stick to spoken language. What are you doing?
Reply 70
Not sure if we have a choice on speaking/writing as the exam board haven't been clear - does anyone know?

Also is there anyone from the group chat here able to add people?
Hey does anybody have any good Text A and B examples for paper 1? I need some to revise, but struggling to come up with my own and my teachers haven't made us any to practise with!!!

Thank you!!

Anja

Also when answering Questions 1 and 2 on the 1st paper, I go through the texts with the acronym GASP in mind, Genre, Audience, Subject and Purpose and link my points back to that everytime :smile:
Hi guys ,

A bit random but about the word " photographer "

Would you say it's a common noun or proper noun??
I thought proper since it's a actual occupation however I'm confused ??

Thankyou
Reply 73
Original post by StudentAlev
Hi guys ,

A bit random but about the word " photographer "

Would you say it's a common noun or proper noun??
I thought proper since it's a actual occupation however I'm confused ??

Thankyou

Common noun - do certain things
I've just typed up a mock essay answer to a CLA question... does anyone want it???? Plus, if anyone wants to read it, mark it how they think it would score, and then try to write a better one (definitely not hard, I'm bad at CLA :// )that would be cool too :smile:
Original post by bex.anne
Not sure if we have a choice on speaking/writing as the exam board haven't been clear - does anyone know?

i emailed my teacher and this is what he said:

The Exam focus on the two questions set is on your choice of answering on either spoken or written data. We cover, as we have always done in the past, each of the specific areas of the questions to give students the widest choice. All students will have a preference in these areas; yours is with spoken. My advice would be that if you feel this is your strength then obviously revise this topic but we do of course have to cover the other area of the exam as well, so keep this ticking over too.
Original post by blue2337
I've just typed up a mock essay answer to a CLA question... does anyone want it???? Plus, if anyone wants to read it, mark it how they think it would score, and then try to write a better one (definitely not hard, I'm bad at CLA :// )that would be cool too :smile:

yes please :smile: !
Reply 77
Original post by AstridElise
Hi would you be able to send them to me possibly? that would help loads :smile: [email protected]

Same please - [email protected]
Reply 78
Original post by blue2337

Send it me please - [email protected]
Original post by Flohigs
Send it me please - [email protected]

done x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending