The Student Room Group

Mock exams

So I did one of my mock exams today. Didn't go particularly well, and to make things worse after the exam I find out that the paper we were set was available online on the exams boards website. Yet, my teachers told me before the exam that the paper was inaccessible by students? Plenty of people looked at the mark scheme before the exam and therefore are likely to achieve good marks. What's your view on this? I think the teachers are at blame because there are papers available which can only be accessed by teachers yet they decided to just use the specimen paper! It's ridiculous! Many off us worked our arses of revising for this exam only to find the exam was just a memory test for most people. Surely the teachers must of known that the paper is easily available to students? Besides, it's the only bloody past paper on the website (new course), so it's not like only 5/6 people saw the mark scheme.
My school puts a lot emphasis on mock exams. I find them really useful and they give u a good kick up the arse if ur slacking. But it's just pointless if you have the markscheme at the back of your mind.
(edited 7 years ago)
Remember that the people who cheat are only really cheating themselves

Question papers and mark schemes for the June 2016 exams are not available on the exam boards' websites, however unofficial ones can probably be found on here (quite a lot of people discuss their answers on here straight after the exam)

Forget about everyone who cheated and just focus on your grade. After all, they won't be able to look up the answers for the real thing :smile:
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
After all, they won't be able to look up the answers for the real thing :smile:

Original post by FusionNetworks
x

That's definitely the key thing.

Also, if you're suggesting you've also done the paper before, sometimes it can be helpful to do the paper twice, to see if you've really learnt from it, so try to be more positive about it because there's nothing you can do now :smile:
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
After all, they won't be able to look up the answers for the real thing :smile:

Original post by crashMATHS
x

You are both right! I can't do anything about it know but I will definitely learn from the experience.

Quick Reply

Latest