caitlinrae27
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone firmed their place to study Psychology at YSJ? Just curious to see if anyone here will be on my course!!
FreyaMay99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by caitlinrae27)
Has anyone firmed their place to study Psychology at YSJ? Just curious to see if anyone here will be on my course!!
I firmed an unconditional offer for psychology yesterday!
SnowStarcaller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No confirmed it as firm but very likely too after the applicant day, although I'd be studying Psychology W/ Counselling, not just Psychology
jessmaddison
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by caitlinrae27)
i'm doing psychology at YSJ! x
TMcNeill
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Confirmed as firm, but doing Psychology w/ Counselling
prophetkid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi!

I'm a 3rd year psychology student, and also Chair of the Psychological & Social Sciences School. This means I oversee courses relating to psychology, sociology, counselling, criminology and police studies. I'm here to help freshers settle in within their courses, collate feedback and ensure all your courses are running smoothly! Feel free to message me for my Facebook, this is where I engage with most students to collect feedback and help with any problems. I'm also trying to get into as many course group chats so I can make myself known to as many students as possible!
IronManFan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey since you're doing psychology with counselling could you tell me how you're finding it so far? I know its only the start of the year but i wanna do that course too
Effie14
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's nice to see so many people wanting to study my course here
RoisinB17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by prophetkid)
Hi!

I'm a 3rd year psychology student, and also Chair of the Psychological & Social Sciences School. This means I oversee courses relating to psychology, sociology, counselling, criminology and police studies. I'm here to help freshers settle in within their courses, collate feedback and ensure all your courses are running smoothly! Feel free to message me for my Facebook, this is where I engage with most students to collect feedback and help with any problems. I'm also trying to get into as many course group chats so I can make myself known to as many students as possible!
Hey.
I’ve applied for the Undergraduate psychology with counselling at york St. John. Do you have a document that lists all the modules on the course? I’m especially keen to look at the voluntary modules - as only the compulsory modules are listed on the website.
Thanks,
Roisin
prophetkid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RoisinB17)
Hey.
I’ve applied for the Undergraduate psychology with counselling at york St. John. Do you have a document that lists all the modules on the course? I’m especially keen to look at the voluntary modules - as only the compulsory modules are listed on the website.
Thanks,
Roisin
Hi,

Currently all modules are compulsory, with no optional modules which is largely related to the requirements of the BPS. The Psychology and Psychology with Counselling programmes are currently being edited for 2018 entry as part of a regular review process at YSJ. I've assisted with the changes in the programme and can say the content will change very little, and it mostly involves changes in module titles (for example, research methods and statistics becomes one module) and movin modules around e.g. moving modules from 1st year to 2nd year.

If you click through to this link, it gives you a lot of information on the courses: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/registry/programmes/ (scroll down to School of Psychological and Social Sciences)

The current modules are:
1st Year:
Research Methods (psychology) - 20 credits
Individual Differences (psychology) - 20 credits
Humanistic Foundations of Counselling, Coaching & Mentoring (counselling) - 20 credits
Skills for Counselling practice (counselling) - 20 credits
Psychobiology (psychology) - 20 credits
Statistics (psychology) - 20 credits

2nd Year:
Qualitative Research Methods (psychology) - 10 credits
Psychobiology (psychology) - 10 credits
Social Psychology (psychology) - 20 credits
Developmental Psychology (psychology) - 20 credits
Cognitive Psychology (psychology) - 20 credits
Theory & Practice of Coaching & Mentoring (counselling) - 40 credits

3rd Year:
Statistics (psychology) - 20 credits
Counselling Approaches in Psychology (psychology) - 20 credits
Psychology of Relationship (counselling) - 40 credits
Dissertation (psychology) - 40 credits

I hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• York St John University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • York St John University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (197)
24.32%
Pop (196)