Ussop
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello all!
I'm a student from the US who recently applied to about four conservatoires over in the U.K. I've been placed on the reserve list at Guildhall, and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what chance I have of actually getting off the reserve list. I believe it is unconditional reserve. I do have a couple more auditions left, but realistically, I don't know how to gauge U.K. Schools as I am unfamiliar with the acceptance rates, qualifications and certifications.

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all.
Paddy_C
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,
I received an unconditional reserve from the Royal Northern College of Music back in early January (I think).
Ussop
Rep:
?
Hello Paddy_C! Congratulations! Did you audition in person? All mine are regional in New York.
What is your instrument, if you don't mind my asking?
Paddy_C
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ussop)
Hello Paddy_C! Congratulations! Did you audition in person? All mine are regional in New York.
What is your instrument, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks, you too! Yeah, I auditioned in person Voice, how about you?
Ussop
Rep:
?
Hey no way! Me too! What voice part are you? And where else did you apply, if you don't mind my asking.
Paddy_C
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ussop)
Hey no way! Me too! What voice part are you? And where else did you apply, if you don't mind my asking.
Cool, I'm a baritone at the moment ;P I auditioned at RCM and RAM and was unsuccessful (although I got through to the second round at the RCM).
Yourself? (If you don't mind me asking )
Ussop
Rep:
?
Oh how wonderful! If I could have chosen my voice part I'd have wanted to be a baritone 😊 I'm a soprano! Lots and lots of competition there.

I applied to RCM, RAM, RCS, and Guildhall. I've only heard back from RCM (also unsuccessful) but somehow managed to snag a reserve at Guildhall! I've yet to audition at RAM actually!
Paddy_C
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ussop)
Oh how wonderful! If I could have chosen my voice part I'd have wanted to be a baritone 😊 I'm a soprano! Lots and lots of competition there.

I applied to RCM, RAM, RCS, and Guildhall. I've only heard back from RCM (also unsuccessful) but somehow managed to snag a reserve at Guildhall! I've yet to audition at RAM actually!
Nice! Granted Soprano places can be particularly competitive but they have some of the most beautiful parts and you're obviously good with a reserve from Guildhall! Good luck with the RAM
Ussop
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paddy_C)
Nice! Granted Soprano places can be particularly competitive but they have some of the most beautiful parts and you're obviously good with a reserve from Guildhall! Good luck with the RAM

Thank you! Hope you make it off the reserve at RNCM! Do you know when you might hear back from them?
Paddy_C
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ussop)
Thank you! Hope you make it off the reserve at RNCM! Do you know when you might hear back from them?
Thanks Sorry for the late reply. They say it could be anytime between February and August, although they emailed me some feedback about a week and a half ago. ( apparently I requested it but I don't remember doing so :laugh:) I'll let you know if hear anything else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (85)
26.15%
England (109)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.31%
Germany (38)
11.69%
Spain (6)
1.85%