The Student Room Group

Options

6 months into Year 9, Just been given our options today their due by the 27th February, i've been advised by 'friends don't take this that', but at the moment i'm torn between Computer science and Physical Education and i'm basically in Limbo at the moment. i'd like to be a doctor , which one computer science or physical education.
Which one do you feel comfortable with. Go with your gut instinct. Also take a look at how you've been progressing in these subjectssuch as improvements and the levels you've been achieving :smile:
It's too young to be narrowing down right now. Keep your options as wide as possible for GCSE, so you can narrow
down at A Level. You may want to be a doctor, but will your grades let you. That's another question. Also, you may find
something else more interesting you like.

If I had to pick between the two, I would go with the one I find the most interesting. You will have double science, math, a humanity and a language on top of this, so your options should be good for the future.
Reply 3
Original post by Hajra Momoniat
Which one do you feel comfortable with. Go with your gut instinct. Also take a look at how you've been progressing in these subjectssuch as improvements and the levels you've been achieving :smile:

i prefer p.e it has a lot of biology and im pretty good at biology.
Original post by yxng.tk
i prefer p.e it has a lot of biology and im pretty good at biology.

Go with that then. Like the other said picking any one of the two doesn't determine you being a doctor, your grades will. Absolutely smash those exams in the end and you will be on the right stepping stone to success

Good luck :smile:
Original post by yxng.tk
6 months into Year 9, Just been given our options today their due by the 27th February, i've been advised by 'friends don't take this that', but at the moment i'm torn between Computer science and Physical Education and i'm basically in Limbo at the moment. i'd like to be a doctor , which one computer science or physical education.

Do PE because you enjoy it!:biggrin: GCSE choices REALLY DON'T MATTER when it comes to career choices! Just make sure your a level choices are perfect!x:wink: Don't do GCSE computing unless you enjoy it- I did GCSE computing even though I persionally didn't want to; I didn't understand any of the programming and I REALLY hated it!:frown: GCSE'S are your last chance to study something you enjoy even though you might not be able to later on (narrow choices) so make the most of it!:h:

Best of luck with your GCSE's and enjoy them!x:biggrin:
Reply 6

Spoiler

Original post by yxng.tk

Spoiler

If you want to be a doctor than for A levels you will need to study chemistry, biology and maths. Picking triple science means you shouldn't have any problems picking these subjects for a levels.

I believe you also have a half term to test out your new options. If you don't like one of your choices change it before yr 10 (I made that mistake). Also you should only be getting a tutor if your struggling with your subjects. So wait a month or two before deciding.

Good luck on your GCSEs.
Reply 8
What about physics?😰
Original post by yxng.tk
What about physics?😰

What about it?
Original post by yxng.tk
What about physics?😰

Well Physics is much more complicated as compared to Bio you study the universe and how it works, and whats its secrets. With Physics you can become lots of things that will aid technological advancements and our knowledge of the Universe you can become a Nuclear Physicist for example or and an Engineer so like a Robotics Engineer or mechanical engineer or whatever engineer.. Its also good if you wanna become an astronomer or design new pieces of technology such as Game consoles.

Physics combined with IT, Chemistry or Maths can do a wide range of things. Whereas Bio is usually studying living organisms and you need Biology if you wanna become a Doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest