Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently a Year 13 student, applying for Economics at University. I have received a rejection from Cambridge, and offers from LSE (A*AAE), Warwick (A*AA) and Bath (A*AA).

I'm thinking about taking a gap year if I get 4 A*s at A2 this year, and reapplying to Cambridge. I'm fully aware that there is a negligible difference between LSE and Cambridge in terms of graduate prospects in finance, but I'd regret it if I didn't give Cambridge another shot I think.

I'm unsure what I'd do if I took a gap year though, I'd like to make use of it in a productive manner as opposed to going travelling etc. I've looked into the DeLoitte scholar programme etc, but I'm unsure what the best use of my time would be. (I'm aiming to pursue either investment banking or consultant managemency post degree).

To give some background of my academic profile, I received 15 A* at GCSE, 4As and B at AS (Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths and FM respectively), and am predicted 3 A* and an A this year.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hasan
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    15A*s at GCSE?!
    Wow
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanRaza1)
    Hi,
    I'm currently a Year 13 student, applying for Economics at University. I have received a rejection from Cambridge, and offers from LSE (A*AAE), Warwick (A*AA) and Bath (A*AA).

I'm thinking about taking a gap year if I get 4 A*s at A2 this year, and reapplying to Cambridge. I'm fully aware that there is a negligible difference between LSE and Cambridge in terms of graduate prospects in finance, but I'd regret it if I didn't give Cambridge another shot I think.

I'm unsure what I'd do if I took a gap year though, I'd like to make use of it in a productive manner as opposed to going travelling etc. I've looked into the DeLoitte scholar programme etc, but I'm unsure what the best use of my time would be. (I'm aiming to pursue either investment banking or consultant managemency post degree).

To give some background of my academic profile, I received 15 A* at GCSE, 4As and B at AS (Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths and FM respectively), and am predicted 3 A* and an A this year.

Thanks,
    Hasan
    Did you get your feedback from Cambridge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    National Security Advisor in the US, which is currently vacant.

ReputationRep:
    ahh glad to see you kept one social media account open bro gotta be able to link with the real ones (one hunna)
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanRaza1)
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Hasan
    You could try applying to AlphaSights on their AlphaScholar scheme?

Poll
Would you rather
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.