How do they decide whether your doing double science or triple science?

Watch
Cena3000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't know how this double science and triple science thing goes. Do you need to be bad at one science or two sciences to do Double science?
I would appreciate if someone told me?
Thanks
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We got to choose at my school, but another school my friend went to told me that if you were in the top 40% of the year for science grades you were made to do triple, and the bottom 60% did dual. Do you know what your school's process is?
Smud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cena3000)
I don't know how this double science and triple science thing goes. Do you need to be bad at one science or two sciences to do Double science?
Thanks
At my school triple science was an option. Same for the other schools around here.
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ask your science teacher. Different schools have different policies.
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You still do all three sciences no matter if it's double or triple. It's dependent on how much of each one you do (there are more topics for each science in triple than in double).

To answer your original question, you decide.
Cena3000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Smud)
At my school triple science was an option. Same for the other schools around here.
What year are you in?
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was in Year 9, they based it on Level 6s (and borderline kids) plus decent maths grades. Idk what it's like with the new syllabus. I prolly wouldn't get into the triple science course if I was in Year 9 now.
iProCrastinator7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
triple science is good if you are wanting to do science subjects at alevel because they expect you to know topics from b3, p3 and c3
Cena3000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
We got to choose at my school, but another school my friend went to told me that if you were in the top 40% of the year for science grades you were made to do triple, and the bottom 60% did dual. Do you know what your school's process is?
The teachers choose.
I am bad at physics
And good at chemistry and biology
whowannadate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks
If ur dumb u do double
If ur less dumb u do triple
Cena3000
Rep:
?
(Original post by whowannadate)
If ur dumb u do double
If ur less dumb u do triple
My teachers choose
I am bad at Physics
But good at both biology and chemistry
daisylara
Badges: 1
Report 4 years ago
In double science you still do biology, chemistry and physics - you just do fewer modules than in triple
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The teachers choose.
I am bad at physics
And good at chemistry and biology
You'll probably be put in triple science then, dual science would mean your physics grade might pull down your chem/bio grade whereas you could succeed in bio/chem and the physics grade not effect those subjects.
Cena3000
Rep:
?
Could I also know that if you do double science, what is the highest grade you can get?
Tombre
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my school we did a Biology test, a Chemistry test and a Physics test and a Controlled Assessment/ISA style thing in each of them as well. The top 30% (on average across the scores in the sciences) got Triple. But, there was once class where if they did REALLY well in Biology and Chemistry, they didn't have to do the Physics CA/ISA thingy. So basically, everyone with an AVERAGE of Level 7 or 8 got Triple and everyone who was a 6 got Higher Tier Double and the rest were Foundation Double.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (27)
27.27%
No (72)
72.73%

Watched Threads