The Student Room Group

Applied for UAL(University of Arts London) Interior and Spatial Design(Sept 2017)

How long does UAL take, after the portfolio submission?
How long is the interview?
I am in India and How will the interview be conducted .Is it by skype or a representative.
Hi, nick1800n!

I know it's been a few months since this thread started, but I'll still try to contribute. Hopefully around now you already had your interview and got your offer. :smile:

I'm not sure about the other colleges, but this was my timeline when I applied:
Last week of March 2017: I applied to express my intent. I got an email telling me about work request (particularly the portfolio).
April 5, 2017: I submitted my portfolio. The deadline set for me was April 7.
April 10, 2017: I received an email for an invitation to an interview.
April 13, 2017: The interview was conducted. Face-to-face interviews are preferable, of course. But in my case since I was applying from overseas (yup, international student here, too!), a Skype interview was conducted instead. The interview lasted for 10-15 minutes. Short and straightforward. :wink:
April 21, 2017: Aaaaandddd yay! :smile: I received my conditional offer. I just have to send them a copy of my certificate/diploma and IELTS results, as those were stated in my offer conditions.

Basically, that's it (quite fast if you ask me, but I have to know first about others' experiences so I could compare better -- but the gaps between each day really required patience on my part already). If there's a UAL representative in India, then that can actually be arranged, and you can go for that mode of interview instead.

I truly appreciated the step-by-step procedure of the application process, and I thought it was easy to understand. Hope to hear from others about their experiences, too! :smile:
Reply 2
Hi nick1800n, I am also based in India. Bangalore to be specific.
I have applied to the same course (MA Interior and Spatial Design) for the September 2017 intake, through a representative.
I applied on the 19th of April, received a work request on the 21st, submitted my portfolio on the 1st of May (My deadline to submit it was also the 1st of May) and am waiting to hear from them regarding the interview.
I hope I'm not too late and that they still have places available! *fingers crossed*
I assume you'd have had your interview by now. How did it go? By what means was it conducted? Any information regarding the same would be highly appreciated. I'm terribly nervous! :O
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest