We get ours in an envelope.
    so do we i can never open it the first time due to shaking hands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    so do we i can never open it the first time due to shaking hands
    i know THAT feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Does no-one elses sixth-form put up everyones results up on a big board for all your subjects at 9am. Thats what mine does, and then we get the slips wth the breakdown of our marks at 11am.
    really?

ReputationRep:
    Officially its 11AM at my school, but I'll be camping outside by 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Officially its 11AM at my school, but I'll be camping outside by 9
    duno when mine is, but last year they let us in early for ours

ReputationRep:
    4 and a half days to go. STILL. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    Our school opens at 10AM but you don't get the results slip until about lunctime, you have to rely on the results posted up on the board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    Our school opens at 10AM but you don't get the results slip until about lunctime, you have to rely on the results posted up on the board.
    Posting results on a board is cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Posting results on a board is cruel.
    i used to think everyone would know my results but it's sorted out by your candidate number and not everyone will know mine! the only bit i don't lile is that it doesn;t feel official, the news doesn't really sink in until you have the paper in your hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    i used to think everyone would know my results but it's sorted out by your candidate number and not everyone will know mine! the only bit i don't lile is that it doesn;t feel official, the news doesn't really sink in until you have the paper in your hands.
    Oh, as long as they don't put your names up then i guess it's not too bad, unless you have some sad geek who has memorised everyone's CN! And yeah, it's nice to have a piece of paper in your hand.

ReputationRep:
    My school opens at 11AM, you would have thought they'd have put the extra effort in getting there early for us

ReputationRep:
    We can get our results at 10am. If it were any later than 11am I would be temped to just check with the UCAS tracker.

BTW thanks Pencil Queen for that info.

P.S - does it make anyone else nervous just reading these threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)

Very nervous. I've given up complaining about the numerous results day related threads being made. There's no escaping them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    My school opens at 11AM, you would have thought they'd have put the extra effort in getting there early for us

We don't get ours until 12! Count yourself lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

We don't get ours until 12! Count yourself lucky!
    Oh no! That's so evil! I do feel luckier now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Oh no! That's so evil! I do feel luckier now!
    Good luck with your results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I'm getting worse every time I read one of these threads, really need to get a grip

Think happy thoughts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Good luck with your results
    You too! The wait will be over soon, but these last few days seem to be going on forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPTheOne)
    Can ne1 tell me how its gunna happen on alevel results day, as in timings n stuff?
    cos i ent got a clu
    It varies from place to place. Your best bet would probably be to check your school/ college's website or, if there is anyone on reception in the holidays, to give them a call.

ReputationRep:
    I rang my college and they said ten o clock. Then today they rang me and said I could get mine at nine o clock because I'm special!

(Also because there were such queues last year they're secretly inviting some people to come early.)

It's quite a relief because I'm starting to get really really scared. I have to keep planning loads of things to do to distract me in the days before the exams otherwise I remember and scream.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.