Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always thought we could get results early - at like 9am but from what everyone's saying, it must be later. I think at my school, the do A2s first and then let the AS people in - as that's not as important

The worst thing about results day is going to getting asked what you got if you didn't get in and asking other people what they got when they didn't get in. What the hell are you meant to say to someone when they've missed out and your really happy because you've got in (or visa versa). I sense some very uncomfortable conversations either way.

Anyway, I'd just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone luck for you results - I hope you all get everything you wanted! Oh, and keep you fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    wooooohooo congrats. What uni are you going to?
    Computer Science at teesside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I'm full of different emotions at the moment. I could start swearing loudly "4 F*CKING DAYS TO GO! F*CK YOU! F*CK YOU! F*CKKKKKK YOUUUUUUU!!!" for no reason. But I'm also feeling scared and I don't think I have felt this scared in my whole life. I'm also excited though. The thing is that when I got my GCSEs two years ago, I wasn't exactly excited. I just congratulated everyone, stayed behind for an hour or so and then went home normally. To be honest, I was probably more excited the day before than on results day, and it will probably be the same again!
    Last year i couldn't wait for my GCSE results, but when the day came it was such an anticlimax and really boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Last year i couldn't wait for my GCSE results, but when the day came it was such an anticlimax and really boring!
    Last year I forgot about it until I got back from holiday, about 30mins before they were released. But even that was an anticlimax as I hadn't got anywhere near what I would have expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Last year I forgot about it until I got back from holiday, about 30mins before they were released. But even that was an anticlimax as I hadn't got anywhere near what I would have expected.
    I got a mixed bag - a few Bs when i expected As and a few A*s when i expected A/Bs. I couldn't stop thinking about results for like 4 weeks before they came out - i wish i'd been like you and not wasted my time worrying lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I got a mixed bag - a few Bs when i expected As and a few A*s when i expected A/Bs. I couldn't stop thinking about results for like 4 weeks before they came out - i wish i'd been like you and not wasted my time worrying lol.
    I basically got anywhere between 1 and 3 grades below what I expected, but it shouldn't matter if Thursdays results are good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Does no-one elses sixth-form put up everyones results up on a big board for all your subjects at 9am. Thats what mine does, and then we get the slips wth the breakdown of our marks at 11am.
    thats so horrible!!!!!!! ours puts your slips in a big brown envelope and we get them from the school office from 8am!!!! our deputy head goes and collects them from the sorting offices at 6am so we can get them extra early!!!! i cudnt imagin gettin them on a board!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPTheOne)
    Can ne1 tell me how its gunna happen on alevel results day, as in timings n stuff?
    cos i ent got a clu
    You should cal your school about the times.

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm so nervous about this - am I thinking about it too much, because I'm getting butterflies in my stomach now? I mean everytime I read one of your posts, I get reminded of how it could or could not be at results day - and that really really gives me butterflies.

I hope you all get in though...

And our college gives us the actual sheets with the UMS marks on them; only one problem though... we have to spend about 15 minutes trying to interpret the scores, and whether we got the final grade or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Counterpoint)
    And our college gives us the actual sheets with the UMS marks on them; only one problem though... we have to spend about 15 minutes trying to interpret the scores, and whether we got the final grade or not...
    Not all exam boards are mean enough to make you work out your grades

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I guess I've got the meanest of the lot - but seriously, I'm already worrying, and I've never ever been like this before - usually I start worrying a few minutes before the showdown in things but this constant pain in me belly... the butterflies arrgh...

And we get our results at 10:30... right down the bottom of the darkened hall, where you can hear your own footsteps echoing for about 30 seconds as you walk the last mile... ARRGH

ReputationRep:
    we get ours in a brown envelope at 10AM and then the results r put up on a notice board in the schl office at 11am i think! i'm soooo nervous rite now! eek.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I guess I've got the meanest of the lot - but seriously, I'm already worrying, and I've never ever been like this before - usually I start worrying a few minutes before the showdown in things but this constant pain in me belly... the butterflies arrgh...

And we get our results at 10:30... right down the bottom of the darkened hall, where you can hear your own footsteps echoing for about 30 seconds as you walk the last mile... ARRGH
    god! that must be horrible! like walking to the electric chair or something :eek:

ReputationRep:
    we get our results at 10:30... right down the bottom of the darkened hall, where you can hear your own footsteps echoing for about 30 seconds as you walk the last mile... ARRGH
    They have an evil sense of humour then.

Publicly displayed scores are a really bad idea, especially when there's blatantly too much competition going on. Thankfully I'm not from such a sixthform/college. The worst it gets here is tutors blatantly reading over your results and smirking before they hand you it (in experience this smirk is not always a good sign!)

ReputationRep:
    I was never this nervous about GCSEs! I thought I would fail while deep down I knew I wouldn't, but I wasn't THIS nervous!

However in my experience, which was only once cus it's GCSEs, the grin I got from my teacher was great. She told me how great my results were before I got it so it kinda wasn't too much of a surprise - kinda came up, patted my back and said in a rush "Well done you came 5th (or 6th, don't remember) in the year!"

Hehe. But well, not such luck for AS this year! GCSEs were a doss, I'm sure everyone would agree. AS - I literally didn't work until two weeks before the exams! I crammed a one-year-syllabus into one week - that goes for Chem and Bio. Didn't read my closed book text, Handmaid's Tale - not even once, and I went and sat the exam. My range for grades are anything between an A and a U - ummm guess what I might get? I'm expecting something like three Cs or Ds, plus an A in art. Well if anything goes wrong I can always study art lol

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had a really vivid dream about getting my results last nights. So vivid it was freaky and made me confused this morning.

In my dream I got AAB in my A levels which is very good because that is what I need to do the course I want to do. But I was looking at my UMS sheet and I had done really quite badly on lots papers that I thought I did well on. And the exams were marked out of 58 and other unlikely numbers. It was weird.

ReputationRep:
    Man I'm so nervous about this - am I thinking about it too much, because I'm getting butterflies in my stomach now? I mean everytime I read one of your posts, I get reminded of how it could or could not be at results day - and that really really gives me butterflies.

I hope you all get in though...

thats your schoo being nasty and not paying the extra amount for the exam boards to put the grade on....are you sure they do this for A2 as wel though? the boys school next door to mine get their AS UMS marks only, but they stick the grades on the A2 results, for ease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    thats your schoo being nasty and not paying the extra amount for the exam boards to put the grade on....are you sure they do this for A2 as wel though? the boys school next door to mine get their AS UMS marks only, but they stick the grades on the A2 results, for ease
    Aye they're super-nasty... but actually, I think you might be right, and for A2 they might make sure by giving us grades; its too bad a time-period for any student to have to interpret their grades (and if we interpret them wrong - wow that'd be the ultimate death-scene)...

I think I've retold this story so many times - I had a nightmare where in the envelope with my results, was a little yellow slip of paper with my head of year's handwriting saying "Aleem, get in my F***ing office, NOW" ... because I'd failed :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to apologise in advance if I appear to be insensitive towards others about their grades on the day. If I come back home after my results and start ranting about how I got like BCC and that I'm very gutted, then please forgive me. I know that for some people, they would be very happy with BCC but for me, it's like failure because I have high standards of myself and I should really be expecting to get As, and Bs easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I just want to apologise in advance if I appear to be insensitive towards others about their grades on the day. If I come back home after my results and start ranting about how I got like BCC and that I'm very gutted, then please forgive me. I know that for some people, they would be very happy with BCC but for me, it's like failure because I have high standards of myself and I should really be expecting to get As, and Bs easily.
    That's fine - I think that most people realise that they have their own aims, their own idea of "successes" and "failures" - and I hope you get your grades. It'd be such a devastating day for me if I didn't get my firm offer; it'd be just as bad if my friends didn't get into wherever they wanted to.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - y'all seem like great people, and if you're all showing so much concern about your results, then you must obviously care about them enough to deserve them; best we can do is to support in anyway, those who don't get what they wanted or deserved... its the least we all expect from others, isn't it?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.