Turn on thread page Beta

Do you shower after a bath??? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you shower after having a bath?
    Yes
    28.89%
    No
    71.11%

ReputationRep:
    So I was sucked into reading a Vice article on Facebook about what shocks immigrants about British culture-

https://www.facebook.com/VICE/posts/1542782565754996

One post that caught my attention was an immigrant complaining how Brits don't rinse after a bath. I didn't think much of it, but a lot of people in the comments section find it weird as well, and think you should always have a shower after having a bath.

Unless you're washing your hair, I find that ridiculous. What a complete and utter waste of our resources. Having a bath is considered inefficient enough, but to then proceed to having a shower after a bath just perfectly highlights how we as people have such a disregard for our environment. It's just so wasteful.

The only time I would ever consider showering after a bath was if I needed to wash my hair, in which case I would simply have a shower in the first place. But that point is moot because I very rarely bath anyway, showering is so much less wasteful.

So does anyone here rinse after a bath?

Sorry for the slight rant, but it just irritated me seeing how we can be so wasteful over an over the top notion of hygiene.

ReputationRep:
    No, I take a bath and that's it. I tend to wash my hair first, and then let myself soak.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    I've showered after taking a bath my entire life. A post-bath shower helps me rinse off any shower gel, oils, masks, and conditioner that may linger on my body, I don't feel clean if I don't rinse after.

ReputationRep:
    I always shower after a bath to rinse the bath salt, gel and shampoo. the shower usually takes a minute.

ReputationRep:
    Always need a shower after a bath or I just feel dirty, it's not a waste since the water gets recycled
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I shower after a bath too. It's not too wasteful as it barely uses any water, you're only showering for half a minute maybe a minute at best. You can negate that by having a slightly shallower bath to begin with anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I very rarely wash without also cleaning my hair so I always have a quick shower after a bath

ReputationRep:
    I usually have a shower but if I have a bath I use the shower afterwards to wash myself of bath water.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a bath, just showers. It's a waste of water

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, you're lying in a tub of your own dirty water, you need to rinse it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    So I was sucked into reading a Vice article on Facebook about what shocks immigrants about British culture-

https://www.facebook.com/VICE/posts/1542782565754996

One post that caught my attention was an immigrant complaining how Brits don't rinse after a bath. I didn't think much of it, but a lot of people in the comments section find it weird as well, and think you should always have a shower after having a bath.

Unless you're washing your hair, I find that ridiculous. What a complete and utter waste of our resources. Having a bath is considered inefficient enough, but to then proceed to having a shower after a bath just perfectly highlights how we as people have such a disregard for our environment. It's just so wasteful.

The only time I would ever consider showering after a bath was if I needed to wash my hair, in which case I would simply have a shower in the first place. But that point is moot because I very rarely bath anyway, showering is so much less wasteful.

So does anyone here rinse after a bath?

Sorry for the slight rant, but it just irritated me seeing how we can be so wasteful over an over the top notion of hygiene.
    I always shower after a bath. Unless you scrub in the bath, your body isn't really getting clean if you're just sitting in a tub of soapy water

ReputationRep:
    I always shower after a bath. I like hot baths with bubbles etc in it so I feel sticky and sweaty after a bath + my hair needs a wash. Plus you've been sitting in your own dirt for the whole bath.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of like leaving dishes in a sink full of soapy water. You would still wash them with a sponge and then rinse them off, wouldn't you? :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    You might as well just skip the bath and shower instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Jon)
    You might as well just skip the bath and shower instead.
    But baths are relaxing and make your skin nice and soft

yeah have a quick rinse after a bath, but it's literally for a minute or a less.

top tip rinse off with bearable cold water, closes pores or some ****

ReputationRep:
    Only a 30 second rinse off. Though I've only been showering the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i always shower after it

ReputationRep:
    think you've lost on this one OP

ReputationRep:
    Nah,you definitely need to shower after a bath. I would still feel dirty otherwise

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.