Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower after a bath??? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you shower after having a bath?
    Yes
    28.76%
    No
    71.24%

ReputationRep:
    So I was sucked into reading a Vice article on Facebook about what shocks immigrants about British culture-

https://www.facebook.com/VICE/posts/1542782565754996

One post that caught my attention was an immigrant complaining how Brits don't rinse after a bath. I didn't think much of it, but a lot of people in the comments section find it weird as well, and think you should always have a shower after having a bath.

Unless you're washing your hair, I find that ridiculous. What a complete and utter waste of our resources. Having a bath is considered inefficient enough, but to then proceed to having a shower after a bath just perfectly highlights how we as people have such a disregard for our environment. It's just so wasteful.

The only time I would ever consider showering after a bath was if I needed to wash my hair, in which case I would simply have a shower in the first place. But that point is moot because I very rarely bath anyway, showering is so much less wasteful.

So does anyone here rinse after a bath?

Sorry for the slight rant, but it just irritated me seeing how we can be so wasteful over an over the top notion of hygiene.

ReputationRep:
    No, I take a bath and that's it. I tend to wash my hair first, and then let myself soak.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    I've showered after taking a bath my entire life. A post-bath shower helps me rinse off any shower gel, oils, masks, and conditioner that may linger on my body, I don't feel clean if I don't rinse after.

ReputationRep:
    I always shower after a bath to rinse the bath salt, gel and shampoo. the shower usually takes a minute.

ReputationRep:
    Always need a shower after a bath or I just feel dirty, it's not a waste since the water gets recycled
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I shower after a bath too. It's not too wasteful as it barely uses any water, you're only showering for half a minute maybe a minute at best. You can negate that by having a slightly shallower bath to begin with anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I very rarely wash without also cleaning my hair so I always have a quick shower after a bath

ReputationRep:
    I usually have a shower but if I have a bath I use the shower afterwards to wash myself of bath water.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a bath, just showers. It's a waste of water

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, you're lying in a tub of your own dirty water, you need to rinse it off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    So I was sucked into reading a Vice article on Facebook about what shocks immigrants about British culture-

https://www.facebook.com/VICE/posts/1542782565754996

One post that caught my attention was an immigrant complaining how Brits don't rinse after a bath. I didn't think much of it, but a lot of people in the comments section find it weird as well, and think you should always have a shower after having a bath.

Unless you're washing your hair, I find that ridiculous. What a complete and utter waste of our resources. Having a bath is considered inefficient enough, but to then proceed to having a shower after a bath just perfectly highlights how we as people have such a disregard for our environment. It's just so wasteful.

The only time I would ever consider showering after a bath was if I needed to wash my hair, in which case I would simply have a shower in the first place. But that point is moot because I very rarely bath anyway, showering is so much less wasteful.

So does anyone here rinse after a bath?

Sorry for the slight rant, but it just irritated me seeing how we can be so wasteful over an over the top notion of hygiene.
    I always shower after a bath. Unless you scrub in the bath, your body isn't really getting clean if you're just sitting in a tub of soapy water

ReputationRep:
    I always shower after a bath. I like hot baths with bubbles etc in it so I feel sticky and sweaty after a bath + my hair needs a wash. Plus you've been sitting in your own dirt for the whole bath.

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of like leaving dishes in a sink full of soapy water. You would still wash them with a sponge and then rinse them off, wouldn't you? :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    You might as well just skip the bath and shower instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Jon)
    You might as well just skip the bath and shower instead.
    But baths are relaxing and make your skin nice and soft

yeah have a quick rinse after a bath, but it's literally for a minute or a less.

top tip rinse off with bearable cold water, closes pores or some ****

ReputationRep:
    Only a 30 second rinse off. Though I've only been showering the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i always shower after it

ReputationRep:
    think you've lost on this one OP

ReputationRep:
    Nah,you definitely need to shower after a bath. I would still feel dirty otherwise

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.