Turn on thread page Beta

Do you know how much loan you're getting yet? watch

ReputationRep:
    I sent off all the correct forms about 7/8 weeks ago now, but havent heard anything back yet (well, i've got my ART id thingy and i know they have received my application..) - how long should it take ? I really want to know how much i'm going to have to live on!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    I sent off all the correct forms about 7/8 weeks ago now, but havent heard anything back yet (well, i've got my ART id thingy and i know they have received my application..) - how long should it take ? I really want to know how much i'm going to have to live on!!

£4095

Yay me.

ReputationRep:
    £4095 + £1000 HE grant. WOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    I sent my form off in May and still have heard nothing :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply back asking for more info. My mum hasn't got the specific documents they are looking for but we went to the AccessPoint today to provide other documentation. I hope they will accept them because if they are going to be really fussy and picky, then we may not get the loan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    £4095 + £1000 HE grant. WOOOOO

Lucky git.

ReputationRep:
    The last I heard from them was in May
    My friend sent her application off a week after mie and got all her answers back ages ago.
    I rang the LEA up and they said they were still processing my application.

ReputationRep:
    So.. how long did it take for those of you who know? Would it hurry them up at all if I called up/if they know already can they tell me over the phone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    So.. how long did it take for those of you who know? Would it hurry them up at all if I called up/if they know already can they tell me over the phone??
    About 4 weeks for mine to come through - I'd be tempted now to give them a kick up the backside to find out whats going off.

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off 1st June, got a letter back with my ART ID two days later and havent heard anything since....

Phoned them up yesterday and they said they'd send it to my LEA who were still processing it, which can apparently take up to 10 weeks. So I'm sitting tight til the end of August! I should get £4905 + £1000 HE grant though.

ReputationRep:
    Called up, spent an annoying amount of time on hold listening to fat man scoop only to be told they are still processing it! 7 weeks after i sent it!

ReputationRep:
    I have heard back. I only got £3070 though. Oh well, at least my grandparents are paying for my fees and accomodation!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    £3000 + £250 in my bank from my parents every month.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the full amount, and all my fees paid. I thought it was a bit strange, considering when my brother started, my parents had to pay all the fees less about £28. :confused: My dad's retired, but he was back then too (5 years ago), and my mum works part time, as she did then. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I'm getting the full amount, and all my fees paid. I thought it was a bit strange, considering when my brother started, my parents had to pay all the fees less about £28. :confused: My dad's retired, but he was back then too (5 years ago), and my mum works part time, as she did then. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
    My dad is earning more than he did when my sister started, but I get a larger loan than she did.

ReputationRep:
    £4168 which seems a bit odd - i thought the maximum was £4095 outside London?! Meh, not that i'm complaining!

Parents are paying for tuition fees too, towards which the Student Finance people pay £496 or something

ReputationRep:
    Well I asked for £1000 but they are giving me £2000 for some odd reason - persoanly I don't think they know what they are doing (not that this bothers me as I'm just putting it into the bank for interest).

ReputationRep:
    just over £3000. no idea how i'm gonna do this... parents hopefully going to pay the tuition fees

ReputationRep:
    £5332 + £1000 HE grant yey! but in London i doubt that will buy me a cardboard box...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    £4095

Yay me.
    Same here, just need to send in the forms now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.