The Student Room Group

WHSmith Interview TOMORROW

Hi, I've got a WHSMIth interview tomorrow for part time sales assistant - 6hrs.

Just a few questions:

I'm not the most confident person ever, I'm worried in case they ask me a question and I just don't know what to say (obviously I'm preparing for the interview now)

What sort of questions would they ask (if you've been in a similar situation)?

If they ask "Have I given any customer service" what could I say? I've just started A-Level in Sep 2016 and so I haven't had a job before.

If they ask "What can you bring to the company" what could I say?

I really want this job as it'd be perfect for me whilst doing ALevels.
Reply 1
Original post by Billyy Barness
Hi, I've got a WHSMIth interview tomorrow for part time sales assistant - 6hrs.

Just a few questions:

I'm not the most confident person ever, I'm worried in case they ask me a question and I just don't know what to say (obviously I'm preparing for the interview now)

What sort of questions would they ask (if you've been in a similar situation)?

If they ask "Have I given any customer service" what could I say? I've just started A-Level in Sep 2016 and so I haven't had a job before.

If they ask "What can you bring to the company" what could I say?

I really want this job as it'd be perfect for me whilst doing ALevels.

Hopefully this reaches you in time...

"Have I given any customer service" - be honest and say no but you're willing to take on the responsibilities that come with this role, perhaps say you have worked with people in group work at school

"What can you bring to the company" - this would be about your skill set and what knowledge/experience/skills that define you. Are you a team player? Are you someone who works hard under pressure? As it is a sales assistant position, consider skills that a sales assistant is likely to display such as teamwork, communication or problem solving
Original post by UWS
Hopefully this reaches you in time...

"Have I given any customer service" - be honest and say no but you're willing to take on the responsibilities that come with this role, perhaps say you have worked with people in group work at school

"What can you bring to the company" - this would be about your skill set and what knowledge/experience/skills that define you. Are you a team player? Are you someone who works hard under pressure? As it is a sales assistant position, consider skills that a sales assistant is likely to display such as teamwork, communication or problem solving

Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3
What happened In Your interview if you don't mind me asking? I got one next week and I keep hearing people say I have to take a math test there?? ;3; what sort of stuff did they ask you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending