SarahJaneDAgrosa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Currently I am in my second year of a three year degree with the Open University. I am being funded on a part time basis through SLE because I was living in England until recently. For various reasons I am planning to transfer from my current course to a full time university course with a different university- likely London Metropolitan University, this new course will also be a three year degree. In order to transfer I must transfer into the new course at the beginning of second year- so going back one year - as they do not accept transfers into third year. I need to know if I will qualify for funding to cover this second year. So far I have been funded on a part time basis for all of year one and all of year two of my current three year degree. I have not received any maintenance loans or bursaries for this degree. Also, would I apply for this funding from SAAS, because I am currently living in Scotland (and have been since August 2017) or SLE because I will be moving to London before my new course begins (probably around June 2017).
Many thanks!
Anne SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

Open University study is classed as part time study.

Part time study where no qualification was gained will not affect entitlement to funding.

Where you are actually ordinarily resident at the time you apply for the support, assuming that this is prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course, usually determines which award authority you should apply to. For example, if you are living in Scotland when you apply, as that is your home and you have not just moved there to study the course, you should submit your application to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland.

���]25A�x
SarahJaneDAgrosa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for the quick response!
So, just to clarify, despite me having already been funded for a second year of an hons I will still be eligible to be funded for another second year because thus far I have been getting part time funding?
Pamela SFE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi SarahJaneDArgosa

Yes, as long as you have not gained a qualification from the OU course, you will be able to get full funding for the full time course.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (70)
11.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (67)
11.32%
Lack of purpose or motivation (76)
12.84%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (32)
5.41%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.64%
Financial worries (39)
6.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.74%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.53%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
9.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
7.94%

Watched Threads