The Student Room Group

Is bathroom water same as the kitchen water?

I live in a new build flat (built around two years ago) and just wondered if it is likely that the water that comes from the bathroom sink is the same as that from the kitchen sink?
Original post by Anonymous
I live in a new build flat (built around two years ago) and just wondered if it is likely that the water that comes from the bathroom sink is the same as that from the kitchen sink?

It depends on how the system is plumbed - in my house all the water is mains water and we can drink from any tap. In our old house there was a cold water tank and only the kitchen tap water came straight from the mains.

You should have been told when you moved in ...
Original post by Muttley79
It depends on how the system is plumbed - in my house all the water is mains water and we can drink from any tap. In our old house there was a cold water tank and only the kitchen tap water came straight from the mains.

You should have been told when you moved in ...

I wouldn't risk it lol, if your not sure just keep to the kitchen
Reply 3
Depends on the plumbing. One of my bathrooms is while the other isn't.
Original post by Anonymous

Are your taps mixer taps?
Given the age of the flat, it's probably the same - you've a combi boiler, fed straight from the mains rather than a cold water tank?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending