yasmin3221
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am literally failing at english and I don't know what to do. I am doing quite well in all my other subjects but am really struggling with English. I am especially struggling with how to answer the questions in the language papers (specification EDEXCEL) and how to write a good essay for Romeo and Juliet, Jekyll and Hyde, Poetry and Woman in black.Also I have problems with phrasing my sentences and ideas.
Does anyone please have any advice. My personal target and predicted target is a 7 (A) and I am currently on a 4 (C). Please help I would be SO grateful!
zxid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In my december mocks i got a 7 in english language and a 4 in english literature. honestly for lit all i do is notes but a lot of people benefit from flashcards. try, say, writing an essay on each theme on each of your books for lit and one for each character. I'm terrible at poetry though lol so idk about that
Jake2109
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You need to research. Learn the structure of the questions so you know what you're going to be asked about e.g. Structure and in which question. Read sample answers and learn key sentence starters. Structure you paragraphs point evidence analysis link ( to question) and get your timings right. Keep practising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jay Caz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was poor in my literacy skills but I score A*'s very easily at English Language. Just include a couple of statistics, emotive language a rhetorical question. Include some five syllable words; or at least more unorthodox ones as that is a considerable portion of your marks. Make sure you are able to critically think and throw arguments back and forth in your essays if its relevant to the question, the more unique and insightful the better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
13.04%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
63.48%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
12.17%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (10)
8.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.61%

Watched Threads