The Student Room Group

Second Degree

Hi
I started a Bsc Physio course in Sept, 2016, I had previously completed a BSc in 2013, for which i had student finance and have started paying back before returning to uni.

My questions are
Am I able to apply for a second student maintenance loan? If so when is the deadline?

Would this second loan be added to my previous debt and paid back as one sum or would it be in addition to (ie paying back 2 separate instalments each month)

Thank you
Jess
Original post by JessT90
Hi
I started a Bsc Physio course in Sept, 2016, I had previously completed a BSc in 2013, for which i had student finance and have started paying back before returning to uni.

My questions are
Am I able to apply for a second student maintenance loan? If so when is the deadline?

Would this second loan be added to my previous debt and paid back as one sum or would it be in addition to (ie paying back 2 separate instalments each month)

Thank you
Jess

If you started in September then check with your university whether your course is eligible for the NHS bursary - if so then I think you're only entitled to a reduced rate living costs loan
https://contactcentreservices.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/selfnhsukokb/AskUs_SB/template.do?name=What+other+forms+of+support+could+I+be+entitled+to%3F&id=25411
Hi JessT90

If it's funded by the NHS then you can apply for the reduced rate maintenance loan for the duration of the course.

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
If you started in September then check with your university whether your course is eligible for the NHS bursary - if so then I think you're only entitled to a reduced rate living costs loan
https://contactcentreservices.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/selfnhsukokb/AskUs_SB/template.do?name=What+other+forms+of+support+could+I+be+entitled+to%3F&id=25411

Thank you, I already receive the NHS bursary
J
Reply 4
Original post by Pamela SFE
Hi JessT90

If it's funded by the NHS then you can apply for the reduced rate maintenance loan for the duration of the course.

Thanks

Hi
Do you know if it will be counted with my previous debt & only one payment paid back from my wages when I am earning enough
or
will it be considered as two separate loans and two payments taken from my wages?
Thanks
Original post by JessT90
Hi
Do you know if it will be counted with my previous debt & only one payment paid back from my wages when I am earning enough
or
will it be considered as two separate loans and two payments taken from my wages?
Thanks

It'll be bundled with your existing loans. Only postgrad loans are a separate payment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending