Reply 1
Nice try.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Azimuth
Nice try.

Finding sample PS's on google is extremely easy, try it!
Reply 3
SavageStorm
Finding sample PS's on google is extremely easy, try it!

No. I said I want PSs from people admitted at Imperial. :smile:
Reply 4
pirincan

Write your own damn CV :p: If you post what you get (please put some effort in first though) in the PS Helper Forum then we'll be able to help more efficiently. But PLEASE spend some time making it as good as you can, or they'll just get annoyed :p:
pirincan

What cheek. Is that the technique you used to attain your A Level scores?
Reply 6
ashy
Write your own damn CV :p: If you post what you get (please put some effort in first though) in the PS Helper Forum then we'll be able to help more efficiently. But PLEASE spend some time making it as good as you can, or they'll just get annoyed :p:

Hi Ashy,

First I wanted to thank you for your help, which I really appreciate, but I think you didn't get the point.

I did spend MUCH time on it. And in fact, I wanted some samples so that I could make is as good as I can, as you told me to do. I haven't asked people to make it for me. I even think it is easier to send me your PS then reading mine from A-Z, which could be really annoying, don't you think so
Reply 7
tuppatopbrer
What cheek. Is that the technique you used to attain your A Level scores?

It is a technique to see what examinator like to see in PSs. For example, if I see that every single person who got an offer for it wrote "I like pink little ducklines.", I think I am going to like pink little ducklines so much as well...

And I have already attained my A levels :smile:
Reply 8
pirincan
It is a technique to see what examinator like to see in PSs. For example, if I see that every single person who got an offer for it wrote "I like pink little ducklines.", I think I am going to like pink little ducklines as well so much...

And I have already attained my A levels :smile:

Bah you have it easy then. If you've already met their offer they're not going to give too much of a crap about your PS. Just make it good, but dont spend a loong time on it.
Reply 9
Yeah, you're quite right, but my A-levels are ok but not that good, and I am a foreigner, so as you can see, my English isn't really good. I need to write the best PS I can.
Reply 10
Ok the problem everyone is facing is that we don't want you plagiarising us even before you've reached Imperial. We worked hard on our own, and if you've done the same then it should be ok. If your only problems are with being a non native speaker then the PS Helper Forum really is your best bet as it's quite common for us to spend most of it correcting English (even from native speakers :p:)
Reply 11
prirncan, its absoulty fine asking for help on ur ps, but just asking ppl to send you their ps....ppl have spent hours and hours working on their ps (it took me about 30 drafts to get it right) , and they would naturally feel relucant to just let u "copy" it.

anyway i'm doing civil eng this year, so i can read through yours and give some suggestions if you would like
Reply 12
Nanospeed
prirncan, its absoulty fine asking for help on ur ps, but just asking ppl to send you their ps....ppl have spent hours and hours working on their ps (it took me about 30 drafts to get it right) , and they would naturally feel relucant to just let u "copy" it.

anyway i'm doing civil eng this year, so i can read through yours and give some suggestions if you would like

30 drafts :eek: :eek: :eek: I sat on the computer for an hour and wrote it and sent it :/
Reply 13
thebman919
30 drafts :eek: :eek: :eek: I sat on the computer for an hour and wrote it and sent it :/

Mine was about 3 drafts - think 30 is excessive, an hour isn't enough :p:
Reply 14
Nanospeed

Ok, I understand what you mean, it's normal they feel reluctant. But I tried because some people just put theirs on internet so that everyone can read them, you know...
^^ Don't fall into the trap of thinking that you are the rule. You maybe just merely the exception.
Reply 16
Anyway, I am only applying to ICL, does it mean I can mention it in my PS?
Don't worry too much about the personal statement. Just remember not to sound too arrogant. It doesn't take that long to write, took me five minutes. I wrote it in third person too :P and I got accepted.
Reply 18
You can read sample PS's in the wiki, and once you've written yours you can add it there too!

You can also get help in the PS Helper forum
Reply 19
ashy
Mine was about 3 drafts - think 30 is excessive, an hour isn't enough :p:

the actual writing part took place in about an hour but i was thinking about what to write for about a week and then when i had everything in my head i just typed it up. (Im a lazy bastard)

Latest

Trending

Trending