The Student Room Group

Do you like modern feminism?

Fairly curious after the Trump marches. What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

I'm all for gender equality but one thing I can't stand about modern feminists is that they're very picky about what they protest over. They're more than willing to protest about Trump who thrives on the attention he gets. But then they turn a blind eye to how badly women are treated in the Middle East and in Asia. Haven't seen any marches to show support for them lately.
No. Do you like it?

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm all for gender equality but one thing I can't stand about modern feminists is that they're very picky about what they protest over. They're more than willing to protest about Trump who thrives on the attention he gets. But then they turn a blind eye to how badly women are treated in the Middle East and in Asia. Haven't seen any marches to show support for them lately.

Women are not badly treated in the middle-east. Everyone is badly treated in the middle-east...there is equality in bad treatment. Everyone gets their fair share. And Feminism hasn't turned a blind eye to women in the middle-east and Asia and Africa. Feminism is in-fact wreaking as much havoc and spreading as much sexism and hate in the middle-east and other parts of the world as it is here in the west.

There is a false rape accusation epidemic going on in India now thanks to feminism. In Iraq (much like here in the UK) there are quotas for women in parliament (do you even democracy?) all thanks to pressure from feminist organisations and the parliament has a women's representative but no male role equivalent and in 'Israel' feminist groups recently cancelled a law that would see women charged with rape after a spate of child abuse cases by women....feminism's ruin is everywhere.
(edited 7 years ago)
How many times is this dead horse going to get beaten? :colonhash:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
How many times is this dead horse going to get beaten? :colonhash:

It's a dead horse worth beating.
Original post by Dodgypirate
It's a dead horse worth beating.

:erm: ok.
Reply 6
Provides me with something to laugh at.
Absolutely not.

2014-03-23-the-theft-of-moral-authority3.jpg
Original post by Rhythmical
Absolutely not.

2014-03-23-the-theft-of-moral-authority3.jpg

Lmao +1
No because they lie about the wage gap.
rather no than yes. sometimes they are very aggressive
Equality is all well and good but the whole feminist movement is disgusting. The attitudes of some women is unbelievable, they want all the benefits men have but none of the drawbacks.

If you're a feminist then you better accept every aspect of equality.
Women should be harvesting their offspring not employed or in any way disturbing the peace.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
No. Do you like it?

Women are not badly treated in the middle-east. Everyone is badly treated in the middle-east...there is equality in bad treatment. Everyone gets their fair share. And Feminism hasn't turned a blind eye to women in the middle-east and Asia and Africa. Feminism is in-fact wreaking as much havoc and spreading as much sexism and hate in the middle-east and other parts of the world as it is here in the west.

There is a false rape accusation epidemic going on in India now thanks to feminism. In Iraq (much like here in the UK) there are quotas for women in parliament (do you even democracy?) all thanks to pressure from feminist organisations and the parliament has a women's representative but no male role equivalent and in 'Israel' feminist groups recently cancelled a law that would see women charged with rape after a spate of child abuse cases by women....feminism's ruin is everywhere.

Not true.

People in the Middle East are often bound by Islamic law and culture. Which means that women are arguably worse off than men in this region, they are more adversely affected by Islam.
Original post by AishaGirl
Equality is all well and good but the whole feminist movement is disgusting. The attitudes of some women is unbelievable, they want all the benefits men have but none of the drawbacks.

If you're a feminist then you better accept every aspect of equality.

What do you mean by 'none of the drawbacks'?

Although I'm a feminist I have to admit that the third wave is a tragedy. Literally the only thing that's good about it is perhaps being more sex positive. Other than that it's a backpedaling and embarrassing.
Original post by Conceited
What do you mean by 'none of the drawbacks'?

Although I'm a feminist I have to admit that the third wave is a tragedy. Literally the only thing that's good about it is perhaps being more sex positive. Other than that it's a backpedaling and embarrassing.

Well if a man knocks up a women he will probably go to prison for assault, if a women knocks up a man she'll probably just get community service, if that.

And if a women hits a man they still expect not to be hit back lol.
Original post by AishaGirl
Well if a man knocks up a women he will probably go to prison for assault, if a women knocks up a man she'll probably just get community service, if that.

And if a women hits a man they still expect not to be hit back lol.

Surely you should be blaming the judiciary or legal aspects of the system as supposed to feminism as a whole? I can't think of one feminist that'd expect a man to not defend himself in any given violent situation.
Original post by CookieButter
No. Do you like it?

Nope women are treated much worse. Feminism is needed a million times more in the Middle East and Asia more than here. And false rape accusations? Where's your evidence for that?
Reply 18
Feminism is dead tbh, it's been hijacked by ninnies. As a woman, I'm all for egalitarianism, for example, when you are looking at two job applicants and one is male, one female, you should employ the best candidate based on relevant experience/qualifications, not because you have to fill out a quota. If more men are suitable for the top jobs then that is women's fault for not aiming high enough. However, I do think there is some unfair discrimination for pregnant women (they're pregnant, not ill), but then there also shouldn't be discrimination for men who want to spend longer than 3 weeks or so on paternity leave.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Nope women are treated much worse. Feminism is needed a million times more in the Middle East and Asia more than here. And false rape accusations? Where's your evidence for that?

Feminism is a flawed, sexist ideology. It is a disease that needs to be eradicated as apposed to be allowed to spread.

Evidence for what? The false rape accusations epidemic in India thanks to changes in Indian Law brought about by feminist activism in 2016?

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-53-rape-cases-filed-between-april-2013-and-july-2013-false-delhi-commission-of-women-2023334

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38796457

Or the issue of feminists canceling laws that would see women charged with rape in 'Israel'?

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Womens-groups-Cancel-law-charging-women-with-rape
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending