The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Switching course before joining

Hi,

So I hold an unconditional offer for Physics at Imperial, however since applying I have decided I would rather study Geophysics instead. Geophysics has lower requirements than physics so that aspect is ok.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change course? If so, how?

I'm seeking advice before enquiring with them since I can't imagine the physics department will be too happy haha
Reply 1
Original post by 12car
Hi,

So I hold an unconditional offer for Physics at Imperial, however since applying I have decided I would rather study Geophysics instead. Geophysics has lower requirements than physics so that aspect is ok.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change course? If so, how?

I'm seeking advice before enquiring with them since I can't imagine the physics department will be too happy haha

You need to contact the uni directly, either by email or phone. They don't need to change your offer - you can ask, but they can refuse. They may ask you to give details of why you want to change, or for you to write a new mini personal statement for the new subject.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I had a place at Imperial to study Biological Sciences.
During my gap year I decided I'd rather do Biochemistry but they would not let me switch, so I had to withdraw my application completely and reapply through UCAS.

Obviously this was with the Life Sciences department, so your mileage may vary.

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending