The Student Room Group

Any Private exam centres that would accept me now?

hi please help
You can contact your old school, I did and they had a policy of accepting previous students as private candidates. Idk about non-previous students. If that fails have a ring round other normal schools/exam centers. Then you could contact private places but they are notoriously expensive, especially for practicals.
Original post by Ticktactical
You can contact your old school, I did and they had a policy of accepting previous students as private candidates. Idk about non-previous students. If that fails have a ring round other normal schools/exam centers. Then you could contact private places but they are notoriously expensive, especially for practicals.

I did and they don't. I went on a couple of private exam centres and their deadline ended a few days ago. One of them does on monday but i don't have £360 with me at the moment. Just got a job and i'd get that much in a month???
Original post by emerald7770
I did and they don't. I went on a couple of private exam centres and their deadline ended a few days ago. One of them does on monday but i don't have £360 with me at the moment. Just got a job and i'd get that much in a month???

Could you not borrow it from parents? Or perhaps inquire if you could pay in installments. Best to ask them directly.
Could you not borrow it from parents? Or perhaps inquire if you could pay in installments. Best to ask them directly.

Yeah, we are dealing this financial issues. We don't have much so i can't really.
what exam for and what board i know someone also where you from and how far u willing to travel
Yeah, we are dealing this financial issues. We don't have much so i can't really.

Shouldn't you have organised it earlier?

I would suggest ringing round given the urgency. Try all the centers in your area/where you can travel to. You may find that many schools don't mention that they allow external candidates. Mine didn't.
Shouldn't you have organised it earlier?

I would suggest ringing round given the urgency. Try all the centers in your area/where you can travel to. You may find that many schools don't mention that they allow external candidates. Mine didn't.

Because i'm so broke but now i finally found a job. Okay, thanks a lot !!
City? Deadline for most centres is today. Then late prices increase
Original post by alexgreyx
City? Deadline for most centres is today. Then late prices increase

London. I can pay for it but i just want an exam centre that can allow me to pay for it in a month
London. I can pay for it but i just want an exam centre that can allow me to pay for it in a month

I don't think that is possible.

I have sat exams in 10 different centres

All of the private candidate centres required payment prior to processing the enteries. Use a credit card/ask for a loan from someone you know idk....
Most of the private schools have broken up for break

and all the comps etc. dont tend to accept private candidates.
I don't think that is possible.

I have sat exams in 10 different centres

All of the private candidate centres required payment prior to processing the enteries. Use a credit card/ask for a loan from someone you know idk....

No one is that nice ahaha but thanks !!!
No one is that nice ahaha but thanks !!!

good luck, enter soon before late prices hike
good luck, enter soon before late prices hike

theres no point in me entering, i have no money atm and the deadlines for most have past so i'll just not retake my science :frown: but again, thanks a bunch :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest