rashc90
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am due to have an NHS operation on the 9th march 2017 (septorhinoplastry - minor day surgery which I have waited 4 months for). The reasons for the operation are to correct my nose alignment from boxing mainly cosmetic reasons, I have previously passed a RAF JSP 950 examination and declared military fit. Since then I have completed and passed a RAF PTI vetting ( central selection ) which I am now currently waiting to hear back from to see weather I have made the cut or not. I am having to re do a medical as it is due to expire in early April I believe. The medical criteria states "generally" a year must be given after surgery for a candidate to attend central selection which I have already completed, it then goes on to state 3 months of strenuous activity must be performed before central selection . If I am successful on my vetting I will not have to complete a central selection again however I would likely start basic training in the month of July or August ( 3 months plus after my operation) Is there any exemption on some surgical procedures such as mine being a minor operation with very little recovery (10-15 days). If I have the operation I feel I will be declared unfit over a minor operation but something important to myself although second to joining the RAF. If I had the operation and attended my medical with all the appropriate documentation of the operation after all of my follow up appointments and with no hinderances could I pass the medical or be declared medically unfit just on the grounds of previously having an operation although being minor. The operation will cause no significance to my performing ability, fitness or health. Is there any information that can be provided for myself to contact I.e medical examining doctors to get their opinions or anything you can provide or advice on the situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (2)
40%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (1)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
40%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise