IronvsSteel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone!
I'm about to start Law School in September and here's the thing! I haven't done law before and don't know what I would need, as I have done ICT and forget a bag with books and stuff I haven't used a pen since forever! So I wanna ask what would I need regarding stationary and what laptop would you recommend for law school?

Thanks in advance.
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Notebook, pens, laptop and textbooks they ask you to get. Do you mean law school, or are you doing a law degree?
IronvsSteel
Rep:
?
(Original post by That'sGreat)
Notebook, pens, laptop and textbooks they ask you to get. Do you mean law school, or are you doing a law degree?
Yea I'm doing a Law Degree. I call it Law School lol sorry for any confusion.
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's nothing special for it, your uni should tell you what textbooks you need. Aside from that, get loads of notebooks, loads of pens and highlighters and a nice laptop, that won't shut down or glitch randomly, and that has a good amount of storage.
Gingerbread101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IronvsSteel)
Hello everyone!
I'm about to start Law School in September and here's the thing! I haven't done law before and don't know what I would need, as I have done ICT and forget a bag with books and stuff I haven't used a pen since forever! So I wanna ask what would I need regarding stationary and what laptop would you recommend for law school?

Thanks in advance.
Most people in my Law degree use a laptop/mac for taking lecture notes, however I use pen and paper we get given lecture handouts with the basic lecture info on, and I highlight and annotate those as we go through the lecture. I also have a notebook for each module where I write my revision notes and any notes for tutrorials
IronvsSteel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
Most people in my Law degree use a laptop/mac for taking lecture notes, however I use pen and paper we get given lecture handouts with the basic lecture info on, and I highlight and annotate those as we go through the lecture. I also have a notebook for each module where I write my revision notes and any notes for tutrorials
Thank you, I was considering the Macbook 12 inch and lots of pens, highliters, arch levers for big modules and a huge messenger bag cos I'm so confused in what to get! Anyway would you tell me how has been your experience with Law School and university in general?
undergradhopeful
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
IronvsSteel looks like you got blanked old boy. How are you finding 'law school'? Any tips for a prospective law student? Best.
The University of Law Students
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IronvsSteel)
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I would recommend any type of laptop as long as you have access to Microsoft programs such as powerpoint and word as that's what you will be working on a lot. Personally, I use Acer but many use Mac as its quite small and its easier to carry. In terms of what you need in a bag you would need:
- pen
- notebook
- post stick notes (for your reading)
- HIGHLIGHTER (this is key!)
- diary (to organize your work and to put your important dates in)

Hope this helps & all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (48)
28.92%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.43%
No I am happy with my choice (92)
55.42%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.23%

Watched Threads