Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing my ASs this year in...
Maths - Edexcel (C1, C2 and S1)
Biology - OCR A
Chemistry - AQA

I know my Chemistry and Biology don't contribute to my A2 grades but I still need new grades and don't know which revision guides are the best e.g. CGP vs Pearson.

Thanks
Aspiring123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the cgp ones have too little information and lack detail, if your aiming for A/A* dont bother with revision guides, at least the cgp ones. Im not aware of pearson.
username613045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I really like CGP revision guides, used in combination with textbooks.
Aspiring123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by horsewithnoname)
^^^This, use cgp to get an overview of the topic and use books for detail.
sunshine774
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by horsewithnoname)
Yes! This is the BEST combination and I also use notes from chem revise and then I do practice questions!x
Luke7456
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah I think it depends on what your looking for. If you are looking For Bs and Cs and just want something for quick recapps etc CGP is a good choice. If your wanting to push for A* grades then try these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Gra...MAGA5R2RTT0308

they do for mechanics and Statistics to its not really good for teaching yourself more testing yourself on what you know and can do. and finding out what you don't know and where you need to improve.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
AQA Chemistry CGP book is brilliant. For OCR A Biology, i'm quite comfortable with the textbooks we have an as such i got thee Pearon revision guide. I would say the Pearson guide gives a good overview of all of the topics, however its probably got less information than i would like for a a subject such as Biology, so i would probably go with CGP or even the Oxford revsion guide which my friend really likes:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-Level-B...+level+biology
For edexcel maths, the books are so good that you really don't, imo, need a revision guide at all.

If you have any questions about your subjects don't hesitate to PM me - we do the same spec for BIo and Chem, and I can definitely help you with maths as well
pagey2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by thatawesomekid)
AQA Chemistry CGP book is brilliant. For OCR A Biology, i'm quite comfortable with the textbooks we have an as such i got thee Pearon revision guide. I would say the Pearson guide gives a good overview of all of the topics, however its probably got less information than i would like for a a subject such as Biology, so i would probably go with CGP or even the Oxford revsion guide which my friend really likes:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OCR-Level-B...+level+biology
For edexcel maths, the books are so good that you really don't, imo, need a revision guide at all.

If you have any questions about your subjects don't hesitate to PM me - we do the same spec for BIo and Chem, and I can definitely help you with maths as well
Thanks so much! All of you have been really helpful. I have great textbooks but sometimes I need something as a quick refresher so I think I might get the CGP guides just to have something more portable.
username613045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pagey2000)
Thanks so much! All of you have been really helpful. I have great textbooks but sometimes I need something as a quick refresher so I think I might get the CGP guides just to have something more portable.
If you've got any questions about maths, feel free to PM me. I'm doing A2 edexcel maths (C3, C4, and S2) and did C1, C2, and S1 last year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (44)
36.97%
No (61)
51.26%
I don't know (14)
11.76%

Watched Threads