Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tis working fine for me.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
what web browser are you using?
Reply 3
It's working fine for me using firefox and internet explorer, initially ie blocked it though and I had to click on the information bar thing to get it to load.
Reply 4
Has anyone started these exercises yet? It took me a while to realise that the questions are endless! I didn't do them for too long...hard to stay motivated when questions are in tiny print on a pc screen.
In case anyone cares. I solved my problem. It turns out the program isn't compatible with the latest version of Java. I needed to downgrade to version 5.
Reply 6
It's a bit scary to realise how much I've forgotten during summer holiday... and why is it Edexcel syllabus :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Newton's cradle
In case anyone cares. I solved my problem. It turns out the program isn't compatible with the latest version of Java. I needed to downgrade to version 5.

I just tried it in Firefox with Java 6U2 and everything worked fine here. But if other people are having problems with it, shout out and I'll let the very nice people in Maths who run Metric know.
Reply 8
Shushi
It's a bit scary to realise how much I've forgotten during summer holiday... and why is it Edexcel syllabus :s-smilie:

Indeed it is! I had plans to learn further maths and everything, but it kind of flopped.
Reply 9
Shushi

Edexcel is the best? It's probably because it's the most common maths board.
Reply 10
Works fine for me (Camino on OS X with whatever Java came preinstalled). I read on another website, however, that you're supposed to enable automatic opening of downloads. I don't really see why that should help, but meh, that's what it said.

It really is endless! Are we supposed to go through all of P1-3? Some of the questions are really hard to read on a computer screen.
Reply 11
there is also ocr
Reply 12
mkgm1
Works fine for me (Camino on OS X with whatever Java came preinstalled). I read on another website, however, that you're supposed to enable automatic opening of downloads. I don't really see why that should help, but meh, that's what it said.

It really is endless! Are we supposed to go through all of P1-3? Some of the questions are really hard to read on a computer screen.

They did say "concentrate on P1".. I don't like doing maths with a keyboard :p: and I gave back all of my maths textbooks.

Why can't they give us this test few weeks into the term after those maths lessons as reminder; when we are all shaped up and ready. At the moment I can hardly remember anything.
Don't worry! The tests are certainly not there to catch you up. College are not interested in removing their week old freshers of their morale.
Reply 14
tuppatopbrer
Don't worry! The tests are certainly not there to catch you up. College are not interested in removing their week old freshers of their morale.

I think I've formed a conditioned reflex to the word 'test' after these years.
LOL I am not worrying really... it's just that I don't see the point of having this maths test during freshers' week (if it is a test to check our level of understanding). Maybe they just put the test there so that people will revise maths materials, make life easier for them (and us) when the course starts.
They do it in Freshers week in order to teach you the real stuff when you are supposedly sober (after freshers week). Or also to save as much time as possible to teach you real maths/aero/eee whatever.
Reply 16
Shushi
I think I've formed a conditioned reflex to the word 'test' after these years.
LOL I am not worrying really... it's just that I don't see the point of having this maths test during freshers' week (if it is a test to check our level of understanding). Maybe they just put the test there so that people will revise maths materials, make life easier for them (and us) when the course starts.

Well I think it's a nice idea to make something like Metric because even if you just skim through the notes much comes back to your mind. Apart from that it's great for all those who haven't studied Maths in English to pick at least some mathematical terms for not seeming completely stupid :biggrin:

But hey, I think the slogan here is to do it "in a relaxed way in your own time" (like said in the email), hence if you like to you can but as much as you want. And if you do, then you can leave earlier for the pub afterwards (which you can do otherwise as well but which might then have more negative consequences :wink: )

It's just stupid that you have to be online to go through it. Would be better if you could just download it all and access it locally. :frown:
Reply 17
I tried a couple of mins,maybe the Formulae Book is enough,if you can find it out now..
Reply 18
silverfox
It's just stupid that you have to be online to go through it. Would be better if you could just download it all and access it locally. :frown:

When I started at IC (2 years ago), they sent us a CD-ROM in the mail with everything on it. So even though they're trying to save money by not sending the disc, I'm sure they could offer a downloadable version...
Ha I just realised that "metric" is someone's attempt at humour (after finding that searching for the Imperial metric programme using a search engine is impossible)

Latest

Trending

Trending